Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Painting Shoes for a quilt

Beautiful! You're very talented!

Thank you ... looking forward to the info. Love the shoe. May I suggest a cowgirl boot?--so many possibilities!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Jeannie, keep us posted!! You do such wonderful work :D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilting.addict
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    What a cool idea & combination of medias! Can't wait to see more. Hmmm...interested in doing one of my horse?
    Do you like to color?? I trace the pattern on with graphite paper, onto the fabric. I use So Soft Paints and they are wonderful for quilting on them, thru them, or whatever. I am not a "draw-er"... at all. I look at the color photo and mix paints until I get the colors I need. If you enjoy coloring, that's really all this is, using acrylic paints. If you want a painting of your horse for a quilt center, you just want it not to be real large or the detail becomes to important. Here's the center of my iris quilt, when I started it
    I am a great artist...in my head lol. Even from a picture there is no way I could draw, much less correctly color. Reason I tossed out the question (mostly in jest) is because I have an idea for a wallhanging using my QB username, and I thought it would be cool to include Dusty someway, even if just a photo of him transferred onto fabric. Then I saw your painted shoe and away went my imagination...with no skill to back it up...again LOL.

Oh My Gosh! I really love this! Very much! I tole paint and the quilting has certainly took up all of my time. I may try this. Any tips you would share on painting on fabric? This is going to be a stunning quilt. Thank You so much for sharing & inspiring.

Blog Entries
    Stylish!

farscapegal
    Lovely. I love to paint too. I have done a few embellishments on some of my quilts. I use shiva oil sticks and inks.

Sybil

Love your shoe block! You have a lot of talent. Wish I could paint.

That is AWESOME!

Well, good morning all. Here is the link to the place I buy the paints at a really good discount.
    http://www.hofcraft.com/decoart-so-s...ric-paint.html You can buy 15 or 20 of them without the shipping price going up. When they send the paints, they put in a nice note about using the paints. These mix very well, so I don't buy a trillion colors. When I did the iris quilt I only had 8 bottles...mostly different values of purples/blues, a yellow and 2 different greens. I just got the new shipment in with more variety so I could do these shoes. I can't wait to use the metallic gold on these shoes.

Love it when someone puts some of their diverse talents into quilting, after all are we all artists??

Clever idea.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Jeannie, now I have to try this. I love painting and be a avid quilter but didn't like the feel of acrylic paints on the material. Problem solved now.

Thank you from me too. Hope I can try this soon too!

I didn't know whether to start a new post for each shoe or to just post the photos on this thread...opinions please?
    Here's the green sandel

green heel
    Name:  Attachment-188007.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  48.1 KB

Blog Entries
    I just love your painting, hope I can do half as good.

awesome work

How cool!

Blog Entries
    Go to Oregon patchwork, there is a cool sandal high-heel with different views of the sandal.

Love that one too! This thread seems a good place to post all the pictures, I sure would like to see them all and not have to find new threads.

what a great idea!!!!!!! Great paint job!!!!! I have a pattern for flowers that use crayons instead of paints. LQS recommended PRANG brand crayons instead of Crayola. Patterns says to iron fabric to remove wax by putting paper towel on top of coloring, pressing for 30-60 sec, repeat with new towel until no wax comes off. It also suggests tracing design on to fabric using a gelly roll pen that is permanet so you will ot have to outline after it is colored. Same method could be use for these shoes!!!!!!!!! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

opps the shoe picture did not come thru but I will try to go back and find the original thread this was on.....thanks and so enjoy your work....Judy B

my error....it did come thru...I was just impatient......that is lovely...thank you for sending it to me.....keep up the good work. Do you just heat set the paint so it will not fade? I too like to use that So Soft paints on fabrics. Thanks again....JB

Oh wow, looks almost like the shoe my daughter wore for her wedding last year

daughter's blue shoe for wedding
    Name:  Attachment-188895.jpe
Views: 2
Size:  42.8 KB

oops, it isn't just like my daughter's shoe, but the color reminded me of it.

Yours is exactly the kind of shoe my daughter wears and loves

looking forward to seeing your finished quilt and the rest of the shoes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast