Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pantos for Karen >

Pantos for Karen

Pantos for Karen

Old 04-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned

Here are the ones I mentioned in the PM that I think would work great on your sons quilt. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

Spiral squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182893[/ATTACH]

winter trees
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182894[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182887.gif   attachment-182888.jpe  
Old 04-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Decisions, decisions! Thanks for sending these so quickly! I will let you know shortly which one I'd like. I need to think about it a bit more...and waiting for DH to come in from mowing the yard to get his input as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by karenm36
Decisions, decisions! Thanks for sending these so quickly! I will let you know shortly which one I'd like. I need to think about it a bit more...and waiting for DH to come in from mowing the yard to get his input as well.
No problem - once you decide I can get started on if fairly quickly. I just finished mowing our yard myself - first cutting of the year, especially since it snowed here just last week.

Thanks,
Sherryl

PS - both of those designs cover about a 10 inch area from top to bottom per row to give you a better idea of how they might look. :-D
Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM

I just sent you a PM...let's go with the trees. I'm so excited that you will be able to start on it so soon. Looks like I need to start making the binding so it will be ready when the quilt arrives.

Snow?! Just last week?! I miss it a bit...not all the hard work like snow shoveling and all...but I must admit that 90+ degrees in April that we've been having is even too warm for this Texan! lol!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Banned

Here are a few pictures of what I have done so far. I tried the navy thread on the top but it just totally blended with the fabric and you could hardly see it, so I went with a greenish-blue thread called Spruce. It shows alittle better on the navy fabrics but looks almost the same as what the navy would have on the other fabrics. I am using the red thread on the bottom like you wanted. It is showing good.

At first a person might not see the trees but once you see a tree all of them pop out at you.

Hope you like it,
Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

First row of the tree pantograph - can you see the tree shapes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183063[/ATTACH]

Another angle of the trees
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183064[/ATTACH]

In the mirror you can see the back side of your quilt with the red thread
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183065[/ATTACH]

Pantograph that I am using
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183066[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183057.jpe   attachment-183058.jpe   attachment-183059.jpe   attachment-183060.jpe  
Old 04-12-2011, 04:19 AM

Wow, that does look nice. The curvy kind of lines also add something to the strong lines of the quilt if you know what I mean. I'm surprised that you also have it loaded on the frame and are working on it. Thank you for being so prompt! Looks like he will be able to have it in time for his birthday!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

Wow, that does look nice. The curvy kind of lines also add something to the strong lines of the quilt if you know what I mean. I'm surprised that you also have it loaded on the frame and are working on it. Thank you for being so prompt! Looks like he will be able to have it in time for his birthday!
Hi Karen,

Just finished your sons quilt top. I still have to take it off of the machine and take pictures so I will send you some as soon as I have done that.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Hi Karen,

Just finished your sons quilt top. I still have to take it off of the machine and take pictures so I will send you some as soon as I have done that.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Wow, this is so exciting!!!! I better get my binding all pieced together so it will be ready when the quilt arrives. Looks like I'll have it ready for his birthday! Thank you so much for doing this so quickly!

hugs, Karen
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 PM

that is so cute
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 PM

love the pantos, did you make them yourself.