Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pass the Block >

Pass the Block

Pass the Block

Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM

Linda I am so sorry. We're a fine group I go for an echo on tues. still having issues I went to the show I learned a lot I will post pics of what I did. I came home sat. Night I had 9 pounds of water so went to doc on mon. They changed my water pill from 12.5 mg to 50 mg .
I hope the spot is gone when you go let me know what you need. Maybe one of your tops. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow.

Robert borders look great.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 PM

Linda,
Just sit back, put up your feet and relax. Have faith and all will be well. You are in our prayers!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:30 PM

Robert love the eagle top. You did a great job!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 AM

Hi All,
According to my notes, I am awaiting...
Roberts Santa for row 3
Linda's Santa for row 5
Patti's ? for row 1
Ladybug's row 5

Is that right?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:51 AM

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around for awhile, but it's always crazy when we move from one state to the other. We are back in Washington now. Had a good trip back, but then DH couldn't find any of the keys to our cars so had no transportation for 3 days. He had decided before he left last fall to hide them so if someone got into the garage they couldn't steal the cars. We looked and looked and looked. He finally found them up in his airplane hangar! Thank heavens. He still doesn't remember putting them there. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Di, I received Deb's quilt top. Sure is pretty. Now I need to figure out what to do with it.

LJ, you are in my prayers. Sure am hoping they don't find any spots when you go to the dr.

Crafty, sure hope your new water pills are working for you. You have had a time of it the past few months.

Robert, you piecing is looking good. I remember back when I first got my embroidery machine that's all I wanted to do for several years. Hardly did any piecing at all. Then when I started again it was like learning all over again. I have found if I make blocks like half square triangles a little oversize, then trim them down, it makes a world of difference in my work. Also, starch is a quilter's best friend. Can't believe how using starch improved my piecing.

I spent yesterday cleaning my sewing room so I'd have room to start backing quilt tops and quilting. Hope to get some of the quilts for the kids camp quilted real soon.

Off to my monthly sewing group this morning. Be nice to see everyone I haven't seen for six months. Thank goodness he found those keys!
Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 AM

Thats what I have. Roberts is asian though.

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
Hi All,
According to my notes, I am awaiting...
Roberts Santa for row 3
Linda's Santa for row 5
Patti's ? for row 1
Ladybug's row 5

Is that right?
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Thanks everyone.Went back into hospital monday came home today,still sick but better,now when they did catscan they found spot on my liver,going to dr.26th know more then,so i will be resting for awhile..Not happy but thats life.
Linda, I know the feeling when they did a catscan they found a spot on my back and they've been watching it, but as now they really don't think it's Cancer, and before I found that out I was freaked out so don't stress to much about it until they know for sure what it is, all that worry for nothing. I will be praying for good results when you have to go back.

Donna
Old 04-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Thanks Judy for the encouragement. That is exactly where I am. I am now using startch. Went to the dollar store and they had big spray cans of med starch with lavendar. It is great. not a heavy scent, just a little. It reminds of Mark Lipinsky's recipe for quilting starch....LOL.
I am remembering some of the old steps. Iam using 2 1/2 inch half square triangles on the border, so i made them 3 inch and cut them down. It seems to help and Iron, and starch...LOL
It's good to know that i am heading in the right direction.
how are you for backing fabric for the kids camp quilts. Let me know if you need any. Send me a pic and let me know what color you are looking for.
Any thing for the Kids.......
R
Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been around for awhile, but it's always crazy when we move from one state to the other. We are back in Washington now. Had a good trip back, but then DH couldn't find any of the keys to our cars so had no transportation for 3 days. He had decided before he left last fall to hide them so if someone got into the garage they couldn't steal the cars. We looked and looked and looked. He finally found them up in his airplane hangar! Thank heavens. He still doesn't remember putting them there. Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Di, I received Deb's quilt top. Sure is pretty. Now I need to figure out what to do with it.

LJ, you are in my prayers. Sure am hoping they don't find any spots when you go to the dr.

Crafty, sure hope your new water pills are working for you. You have had a time of it the past few months.

Robert, you piecing is looking good. I remember back when I first got my embroidery machine that's all I wanted to do for several years. Hardly did any piecing at all. Then when I started again it was like learning all over again. I have found if I make blocks like half square triangles a little oversize, then trim them down, it makes a world of difference in my work. Also, starch is a quilter's best friend. Can't believe how using starch improved my piecing.

I spent yesterday cleaning my sewing room so I'd have room to start backing quilt tops and quilting. Hope to get some of the quilts for the kids camp quilted real soon.

Off to my monthly sewing group this morning. Be nice to see everyone I haven't seen for six months. Thank goodness he found those keys!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Robert: I LOVE what you are doing with the Eagle. Your piecing is purrrrrfect. Thank you so much!!!

Crafty: Hopefully these new water pills will work for you.

LJ: GOD is the great physician. I too will be praying for you.

Judy: I am glad you are back home (this home) safely. Next time, tell your husband to put a note inside his wallet telling him where he put the keys. That helps me. My memory is not what it use to be. lol

Blessings!
Carole
Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM

Thanks so much all!! Yes PRAYER!!!!! IS wonderful, I am really leaving it all in gods hands,he knows what i don't and i can not change that!! Hopefully i will be back on board sooner than later.Deb hope your meds work this time!!!