Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Patty's first ever Round Robin quilt completed >

Patty's first ever Round Robin quilt completed

Patty's first ever Round Robin quilt completed

Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 AM

My that is lovely! It must have been so fun to participate in making the quilt.

Where are you going to display this beauty?

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
Thank you sooo much Patty! I think your quilt is beautiful and the Scallop Edge just finished it perfectly! Very much appreciated!!!
thank you Marilyn and glad you got the patterns.
Hugs
Patty
Old 03-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
My that is lovely! It must have been so fun to participate in making the quilt.

Where are you going to display this beauty?

Hi Sue,
Thank you very much. It's on display in our living on the back of the sofa. I sent in a photo a few scrolls up from where this one will come in so when you get this, scroll up and you see the photo of it on the back of our sofa. My husbands recliner is green so we needed a bit more color in the room and this is the perfect added touch.
Hugs
Patty
Old 03-07-2010, 01:44 PM

That is absolutely gorgeous! May I make one of those? Is there a pattern? Also, I am a new quilter and have never done a Round Robin. For clarification, the center is done by just one person or do you all work on it? Then it is passed around to each of the other members who in turn add on to it what they choose to? I do love your scalloped border. I put that on my first quilt (Dresden Plate). Second time around will bound to be much easier, I hope!

I just love that quilt. It stood right up and waved at me!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by judi_lynne
That is absolutely gorgeous! May I make one of those? Is there a pattern? Also, I am a new quilter and have never done a Round Robin. For clarification, the center is done by just one person or do you all work on it? Then it is passed around to each of the other members who in turn add on to it what they choose to? I do love your scalloped border. I put that on my first quilt (Dresden Plate). Second time around will bound to be much easier, I hope!

Hi Judy and thank you for your enthusiastic reply. The center square is a carpenters wheel star which is easily found on the web and perhaps even on this site if you do a search. As for the rest, the scalloped border is the only one I have. Yes, 4 other people worked on this quilt. I did the center square and the scalloped border and of course the quilting. Each of the other 4 people added the border of their choosing to enhance this quilt and then I got it back to complete it and could have enlarged it out to fit a bed but opted to keep as a beautiful throw. I have another round robin going out there and will share when it's finished but I don't get it back for another 2 months and have no clue what is happening with it thus far and won't until the night I get it back. We each have a full month to complete our border and then we pass it on to the next person the 2nd Monday of each month. They are fun as long as people don't get too picky or critical. We had no restrictions on this one and we all got beautiful quilts. When you're bound by restrictions it not only ties your hands but frustrates you and limits your creativity.

Print out a photo of it and see if you can be stimulated to come up with something similar on your own. Have fun.
Hugs
Patty
Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 PM

It would be interesting to see the other quilts from your round robin. You have some talented and artistic people in your group. Your quilt is wonderful. What a gift of sharing with others the skills we have.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Loosethreads
It would be interesting to see the other quilts from your round robin. You have some talented and artistic people in your group. Your quilt is wonderful. What a gift of sharing with others the skills we have.
Thank you. Since I was holding up my quilt when the photos were taken, I was behind the quilt instead of behind the camera so I don't have any photos of the others. It would have been nice to have a photo of each one as I did work on each one. I put a scalloped border on one with permission as I had the last border to add and she was so excited when I phoned to give her a choice between borders and she jumped at the chance to have a scalloped border. Her hubby loved her quilt so much that he asked her to enlarge it out to fit their king sized bed so that's what she's planning to do when time allows - she's still working.
Patty
Old 03-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Thank you Patty!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by judi_lynne

Hi Judy,
Checked back to be sure I did answer your question. One person only makes the center block. We each make our OWN center block which is then passed to 4 other participants who each will add one border - any kind of a border they wish to enhance the quilt - and will pass it to the next person. The only contact we have with each other is when we exchange quilts on the designated dates. When each person has finished adding a border to the quilt, it goes back to the owner who sees it for the first time since passing it to the first person. Then we each finish our top however we wish. This group had no guide lines or restrictions and we all had a ball. The other group had some restrictions and several people were very disappointed, frustrated and unhappy and it's a shame.

If you ever do get to participate in something like this, go into it with an open mind and willing to let the creative juices of others run and you'll get a beautiful quilt back. When you put stipulations and restrictions on them, you stifle the creative juices and cause stress among the group members. Those of us who did NOT have restrictions or stipulations all got beautiful quilts back while the ones with restrictions and stipulations were frustrated and disappointed. You need to go into such things for the fun of it and with a happy, open and relaxed attitude. Just my opinion though.

Enjoy your quilting as that's what it is all about!
Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Patty...Oh Yes, I see it now on your sofa. I didn't read thru all the replies, I only saw your original photo posting.

Still loving your quilt the more I see it.