Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"Peony Fantasy" an Asian Panel quilt massively quilted >

"Peony Fantasy" an Asian Panel quilt massively quilted

"Peony Fantasy" an Asian Panel quilt massively quilted

Old 01-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Amazingly beautiful quilt and quilting.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:42 PM

just spectacular! Jane, you always do a fantastic job and dress up a quilt in just an amazing way. this is show bound, right? And I especially appreciate that you give the techie details, too.

Question--what type of stylus do you use on the transfer paper? I have transfer paper, but no stylus and can't find a tool at my house that will actually work.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Feline, that is beyond amazing work! I'm another speechless one here
Me too!!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 06:33 AM

Another speechless admirer. I would be terrified to quilt color on a black background at my point in FMQing. I still use the thinnest thread in a matching color to "hide" my mistakes LOL. No mistakes here...........don't know how you do it. After all that gorgeous quilting, I would have a hard time giving it back to the owner.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:36 AM

I'm speechless! Absolutely amazing!
Old 01-23-2019, 07:16 AM

That's glorious!

Watson
Old 01-23-2019, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
Another speechless admirer. I would be terrified to quilt color on a black background at my point in FMQing. I still use the thinnest thread in a matching color to "hide" my mistakes LOL. No mistakes here...........don't know how you do it. After all that gorgeous quilting, I would have a hard time giving it back to the owner.
I definitely hear you EmiliasNana. Before starting this I asked the quilt's owner to make sure she was ok with high contrast thread. I do love the look of high contrast in some situations, but especially on black. I love the look of a variegated thread (rainbow colors or monochromatic on black) but only if the design has no backtracking involved.

When I did the Agave Garden quilt I did have a lot of high contrast but also places where I had black on black, just like this quilt there is some black thread on the black. It is like quilting blind for me! Black on black is the only combo that I have issues with. I can do white on white, blue on blue, green on green, red on red, right on through the color wheel but black on black is a bane to me and my eyesight so I will only do it sparingly. I know I can mount side lighting on my longarm rack that is supposed to help with that issue a lot as then it will throw shadows so I can actually see where I have been and where I am going. I just haven't found the right set up and value my eyesight too much . Also the design of the quilt must also "fit". This quilt had vast expanses of negative space so I knew high contrast would look good in those large areas with nothing going on but canvas for the quilting.

True, every wobble and missed backtrack shows a lot but in the overall scheme of things the impact of high contrast thread on black draws the viewers eye to the design as a whole and will only notice those little human inconsistencies when giving it close inspection and that is provided you are closely inspecting in an area where there is one. Give it a try sometime. You might surprise yourself.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:31 AM

As always, a not to be disappointed show of quilting. Your work is beyond stunning. I'm still envious of your awesome ability! LOL
Old 01-23-2019, 11:08 AM

Simply gorgeous.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:09 PM

OMG!! I'm still trying to catch my breath!! That is phenom(sorry I can't even spell this word). Still gasping.