Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
PHOTOS - IRR 2 - Group 10- "The USA Stitchers" Round 1, mailing date Oct. 15, 2009 >

PHOTOS - IRR 2 - Group 10- "The USA Stitchers" Round 1, mailing date Oct. 15, 2009

PHOTOS - IRR 2 - Group 10- "The USA Stitchers" Round 1, mailing date Oct. 15, 2009

Old 07-22-2010, 06:17 AM

How do these threads work? I have participated in groups before where we all made blocks (say 10)- sent them to a central location and she sent us each different ones so we ended up with a variety. Sometimes there was a theme or color specified, of course size, and always fun. Are there any of these groups out there I could join? Thanks for any info.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julianna
How do these threads work? I have participated in groups before where we all made blocks (say 10)- sent them to a central location and she sent us each different ones so we ended up with a variety. Sometimes there was a theme or color specified, of course size, and always fun. Are there any of these groups out there I could join? Thanks for any info.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/s-11-1.htm

This is a link to a portion of the Board that lists all swaps and round robins. You can also find it by going to the top of this page, left side, you will see words: Quilting Forum.
If you click on those words, it will take you to the main page of the Quilting Board and there you will find the lists of TOPICS this Board addresses.
When you click on the individual topic (in this instance, Member swaps and round-robins) you will go to the next page which is the link I put in the first part of my response.
The pictures you are seeing here are from a round-robin.
Every quilt started with a center created by a quilter. There are six quilters in each group. IRR2 (international round robin 2) has ten groups with six quilters in each group.
There is a time-line (and, we try to adhere to it), and the center is sent to the next quilter who attaches a pre-arranged-sized border ... the quilt progresses from one quilter to the next.
At this time, we will be waiting to see pictures of the last border (8") and the quilt will be returned to the originating quilter who created the center.
Hope this helps <wave>
Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

omak...that is Ruth's (knot sew's) quilt top and it is looking really great! I agree...Colletta..that was a brilliant addition!! So now omak...you add the 8" border to it to finish that baby up and home she goes to KnotSew!! :D
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
omak...that is Ruth's (knot sew's) quilt top and it is looking really great! I agree...Colletta..that was a brilliant addition!! So now omak...you add the 8" border to it to finish that baby up and home she goes to KnotSew!! :D
Wonderful!
I AM in touch with reality! Cool! LOL <wave>
Old 07-22-2010, 11:16 AM

Patti, you should be getting Mary's quilt from me, but I haven't finished it yet...as usual. Then you will get YOUR quilt back from me with the september mailing!

I am a little behind...Patti, have you mailed "yours" out to Mary yet and Mary have you received it? Mary, have you mailed "yours" out to Colletta yet, and Colletta, have you received it?

Just making sure I have everything accounted for.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 AM

I have Colletta's and that is all. I have mailed everything else.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

Yes ma'am...see above...Mary has Colletta's that I finished. I don't have anything, but don't rush yourself my dear....I DO have plenty to work on! :wink:
Old 07-27-2010, 02:25 PM

I finished Colletta's today. Hopefully I can take it to the PO tomorrow. The picture I took seems pretty dark. I'll let you take another picture to go on the final page. OK? Thanks, M
Attached Thumbnails attachment-70008.jpe  
Old 07-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Mary....what a great job!!! That was a fantastic idea!!!! I can see such beautiful quilted patterns in the open areas. This is gonna be a really spectacular quilt when its all the way done!

I'm going to post it on the Finished Thread because I might miss it when Colletta posts it again...but please do post it again Colletta!
Old 07-27-2010, 05:01 PM

that is awesome!!!