Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Picture of the Boys and Girls club in Yankton SD delivering quilts to Project Linus >

Picture of the Boys and Girls club in Yankton SD delivering quilts to Project Linus

Picture of the Boys and Girls club in Yankton SD delivering quilts to Project Linus

Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 AM

I think my favorite part is when the hospital lady talked to the kids about when the patients get there they probably didn't have time to grab anything, so the quilt that they get is the only thing they have to hold on to. It really struck home that what they started last fall was finished for the year. Sometimes I think we don't teach our kids enough about the patience of finishing a project, not quitting it when it takes too long. They got a grant of $500 which allowed them the trip to see the end.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:49 AM

that is great to get the kids involved in quilting and giving
Old 05-15-2011, 05:55 AM

We can never start too soon or early to show the importance of giving and community service. Being a chapter coordinator for Project Linus in my area, I love working with the kids and showing them that they can a make a difference and impact in their own community and for children their own age, too. Thanks for the pics and kudos for doing such a great job in your community.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:15 AM

What a wonderful experience for the children! It's so great to see helping/giving kids .. so many are so self-absorbed these days. Thanks for sharing :thumbup:
Old 05-15-2011, 07:19 AM

That is wonderful to have the kids helping and giving the quilts also. Then they see where they go and the happiness they are giving. My daughter was in the hospital for a while and there was a lady that came around giving quilts to the kids. She asked my daughter if she had any brothers or sisters and they each got a small quilt also. They love them. My kids want to make some quilts to give back. We will be making some quilts together to give back to the hospital so we can help too. :)
Old 05-15-2011, 10:40 AM

That is so awesome. The kids were so psyched to do it again next year.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:25 AM

Hip- hip horry for all the children & all those who helped.
We all need to be remined of the good things child do each & every day.
Thank you all !!
Old 05-15-2011, 11:32 AM

What a wonderful way of teaching youngsters the value of giving especially creating it themselves.
Keep up the good work!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 AM

You know, when they get done quilting at my house, I need a maid, threads all over the place, but it is a good thing, and they love it. The surprising thing is the boys. They are digging the quilting part. most of them are tying quilts, but some have tried their hand at the machine. Cool to start boys sewing instead of them thinking it is a girl thing.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

It is great to see kids involved in giving back to society. I'm sure it is an experience in their lives they will remember forever...and you gave them that memory! Great job on all the quilts!