Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pictures of Halloween/October Doll Swap >

Pictures of Halloween/October Doll Swap

Pictures of Halloween/October Doll Swap

Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
I posted on the other thread so will repost on this one. I received two little trick or treaters from moosegirl and Up North.
I'm so glad you posted over here, too. I was getting ready to post them on this thread so they wouldn't get missed. I made comments on the sign up thread, as well, but I love these little dolls. Everyone is doing such fun little dolls. I also mentioned on that other thread that that pumpkin pin cushion was suppose to have my address on it... (kidding...) I love it!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:08 AM

I love all the dolls! You guys have outdone yourselves again!
Old 10-10-2009, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Glad you liked her UP North. I had fun making her. My daughter thought I was silly cutting up tulle and crocheting it back together.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I hadn't seen any of the scrubbies made like that until I saw some in a bulk/quilty store up in PA earlier this spring. I think they were selling for $6 each. I had forgotten about them, but I think they are really neat. Those would make a great item for a craft fair. Do you make them for Christmas gifts?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 AM

I'll post a picture of the two dolls I made since they have both been received by their new Mommies. I made Jumping Jack and Sideways Sam. Jack went to sapdoggie, and Sam went to Ruth Camp. I really had in mind something different on these, and they didn't come out the way I wanted. I really didn't think they were some of my best work, but the new Mommies like them, and that's all that matters. After seeing Jack in sapdoggie's post, I think he looks better. I guess I was being a little too critical of my work. Here are the dolls before they left WV.

Jumping Jack (L) and Sideways Sam (R)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52189[/ATTACH]

Jumping Jack went to sapdoggie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52190[/ATTACH]

Sideways Sam went to Ruth Camp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]52191[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-52189.jpe   attachment-52190.jpe   attachment-52191.jpe  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
Glad you liked her UP North. I had fun making her. My daughter thought I was silly cutting up tulle and crocheting it back together.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I hadn't seen any of the scrubbies made like that until I saw some in a bulk/quilty store up in PA earlier this spring. I think they were selling for $6 each. I had forgotten about them, but I think they are really neat. Those would make a great item for a craft fair. Do you make them for Christmas gifts?
The scrubbies are the first ones I have tried to make. Several of my customers at Hobby Lobby have been buying tulle and net and are making them for craft fairs and gifts. I wanted to try making them.

Glad you like the idea. I might try more later. I am already in the middle of too many projects right now :D :D :D :D

By the way- yes you are way too hard on yourself and your talents. YOU ARE AN AMAZINGLY TALENTED LADY.

I have enjoyed being on the learning and receiving end of your talents. Thank you for sharing with all of us even though you don't know all of us personally, your heart and love for others glows.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:28 PM

MY mom used to make a lot of scrubbies, be careful, she wore a hole in her sofa making them, The netting running across the sofa made a huge wear spot.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
MY mom used to make a lot of scrubbies, be careful, she wore a hole in her sofa making them, The netting running across the sofa made a huge wear spot.
How funny!! I'll be careful. I have a sheet over my recliner to keep the dog hair under control. ( My dogs think it is their chair when I am not in it.) It should help protect the upholstery, too.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:43 AM

By the way- yes you are way too hard on yourself and your talents. YOU ARE AN AMAZINGLY TALENTED LADY.

I have enjoyed being on the learning and receiving end of your talents. Thank you for sharing with all of us even though you don't know all of us personally, your heart and love for others glows.
:oops: Oh, gosh. How sweet you are! How nice to hear such a sweet compliment! Thank you.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Oohhhh, the dolls are sooo cute! I wish I had time to play in ALL the swaps but some of them I just have to enjoy looking at the pictures. :roll:
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
I posted on the other thread so will repost on this one. I received two little trick or treaters from moosegirl and Up North.
barbsbus, I hope that Up North's scarecrow doesn't get picked apart by Moosegirl's witch. That witch looks candy corn sweet, but mischievous to me.

You all did a wonderful job on the dolls. It looks like you had a lot of fun making them.