Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pictures of your sewing room! >

Pictures of your sewing room!

Pictures of your sewing room!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 AM

Wow..those all look great!! I have rearranged my sewing room a few times since the first posting. Quilting takes up alot of room!!! I have been dying to make a sewing table that i can sit my sewing machine in....to have a flat surface when sewing...I can't believe the prices of these cabinets...there is no way my pocketbook could handle those. Well, any way....we all have the same taste and habits...the ability to cram as much fabric as possible in our small sewing spaces.... :D
Old 02-24-2008, 06:21 AM

I thought I had posted on here--but I guess not. Are there 2 sewing room posts? Am I going crazy?
Karla, If you're going crazy, so am I. I know I've seen a picture of your rack with the fabric strips hanging on it.
It's a great idea. :D :D
Old 02-24-2008, 01:09 PM

If you don't mind me asking...What is the size of your quilting room?
hi imaquilter - sorry, been out of town. i just stepped off my room and it's about 18' by 18' (give or take a little because i've never actually measured my own foot! :) )

it has the vaulted ceilings, so i'm really limited on wall space. but i'm working on a design wall down in the living room (that we don't use much).

hope you're having fun getting your room put together! it's so much fun!

patty
Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 AM

Here's my room- before a mess and then while I am working on a project. I'm a bit fussy about neatness so I only bring out what I am working on and hide the rest. The armoire contains projects I am working on, ufos hanging on pants hangers, and batting in the bottom and the iron is in the area that opens like a desk top. The dresser has fabric in all the drawers, as does the vanity. The closet is shared- my daughter's clothes are in there and I have 4 totes of fabric. My sewing machine desk is a student desk from the 50's. The quilt rack has 2 quilt tops- one a baby one and the blue one underneath, the next ufo destined to be finished. I cut fabric on top of the dresser and set up the iron by the closet door. I lay out the quilt on the bed. Pretty well confined but very easy to pick up if needed.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25135.jpe   attachment-49894.jpe   attachment-56493.jpe  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Ok- here's while I'm working on a project-

I know it's not too messy, but I don't have much room to spread out. Did you notice I pin a square to the curtain to reference? :D

I have spread to my son's room across the hall- I have 2 shelves of books and 3 sewing machines in their cases. And in the basement I have about 10 totes of strips of wool fabric for rug hooking. I'm waiting for my daughter to move out in May to empty her room to get a quilting frame and machine (looking at a handiquilter and Juki set up). But spouse says I have to move everything down there then. I like the sunshine and the window in front of me now.

bed as a layout wall.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]950[/ATTACH]

ironing area & cutting out area on dresser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32621[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-950.jpe   attachment-32621.jpe  
Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM

P.S. I have sewing room envy for all the fabric and gadgets you have. I want more!!!

(and by the way- the rest of my house is quite disorganized as I have to share those areas with other people who do not share the same level of neatness)

(and yes, I get nervous if my house is messy and dirty)
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 AM

Here are two pics of my sewing room when it was brand new. First it was going to be a hobby room... 1/4 painting acrylics; 1/4 computer room/ 1/4 scrapbooking and 1/4 sewing. I have added lots more shelves since then but still am running out of room.

Well the scrapbooking is moved to my grown son's br. The computer is in the living area where both hubby and I can use it and the painting is getting boxed up soon and sent to the spare bedroom in the basement.

Quilting won hands down. It is full full full now and I'd love to have the energy to start and re-organize it all but that's a project for next fall when I am retired!

I did all the countertops and shelving myself. A true carpenter would die laughing but I ain't letting any carpenters near my stash!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-13330.jpe   attachment-51818.jpe  
Old 03-15-2008, 06:27 AM

Thanks for posting...I am waiting for someone with camera to come here so I can post you my space...
Old 03-20-2008, 02:52 PM

Ok guys here goes. I got brave and thought I'd post of couple of pictures of my sewing room. It's crowded and messy but you said not to clean it up. So for better or worse here it is :?

My cat is at his usual spot, guarding one of my WIPs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6559[/ATTACH]

The other half of this room is our office.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44772[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-6559.jpe   attachment-44772.jpe   attachment-50693.jpe  
Old 03-20-2008, 03:57 PM

Ruthie.. the photo of your kitty sleeping on the quilt in the old sewing machine is absolutely purrrrfect!!! Your space is now complete with a sleeping kitty!! I love it!