Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Playing With Scraps (new pic on pg 3) >

Playing With Scraps (new pic on pg 3)

Playing With Scraps (new pic on pg 3)

Old 06-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
Originally Posted by Harmony
I know what you mean about having so many things you want to do. I have so many quilts in my head now I think I need to write them down before I forget them! Why not make a pillow with your pinwheel block??? Sometimes when I get frustrated or bored with a larger project, a small one that I actually have hopes of completing is just the trick!
I should do that...... Write things down. But good lord I honestly don't think my list will ever end. Its like I wanna try EVERYTHING.... I think on the pinwheel, I'll make more up with my scraps. Gosh, now I got 2 quilts going lol. Its ok. It keeps me busy and most of all HAPPY

I think we have created a monster!!!! hee hee welcome to the WIP/UFO club!!!! We knew you would be one soon!!! But rest assure.. you are not alone!! I have lost count of my WIP and UFOs!!! I figure this.,.. if I can't die until all the projects I want to do are done, I will be immortal!! LOL
Old 06-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Originally Posted by Bevanger
Originally Posted by Harmony
I know what you mean about having so many things you want to do. I have so many quilts in my head now I think I need to write them down before I forget them! Why not make a pillow with your pinwheel block??? Sometimes when I get frustrated or bored with a larger project, a small one that I actually have hopes of completing is just the trick!
I should do that...... Write things down. But good lord I honestly don't think my list will ever end. Its like I wanna try EVERYTHING.... I think on the pinwheel, I'll make more up with my scraps. Gosh, now I got 2 quilts going lol. Its ok. It keeps me busy and most of all HAPPY

I think we have created a monster!!!! hee hee welcome to the WIP/UFO club!!!! We knew you would be one soon!!! But rest assure.. you are not alone!! I have lost count of my WIP and UFOs!!! I figure this.,.. if I can't die until all the projects I want to do are done, I will be immortal!! LOL
LOL you are sooooooooo funny girlfriend. Yup, I am definitly a Monster. I'm ready for QA Quilters Annomous. LOL
Old 06-15-2008, 07:23 AM

Hi Bev- if your Walmart still has batting, watch for huge sales. Our super wallie decided to put all their batting on clearance and I bought the king and the queens for $5 each. If you stop by, you can take the 8 that are hiding under the guest bed :):) But don't tell my husband hahahaa... he has no clue they are there... I suppose I could lie and say they are carpet insulators or something...
Old 06-15-2008, 07:29 AM

Wow, Bev! You are really getting into it now. Looks like you're doing very nice work. You're pretty brave to start with creations already. I still, pretty much, stick with patterns with instructions. For me, I find that to be safer for a better outcome. However, I can tell you are much more creative with colors and blocks than I. I seem to do better with my longarm and I enjoy it more. YOU GO, GIRL!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:33 AM

Bev I can remember when I could not just run out and buy batting.. I think that time frame is when my WIP stack got started :lol:

Keep designing your blocks they are very pretty.. Some ideas are to take a pair of pillow cases you own now and appliqué them on for the quilted homey touch.. Another idea is to go ahead and design a full size scrappy quilt.. Put it together and then use one of your existing sheets as the backing.. Do not use any batting and you will have a summer quilt..
Old 06-15-2008, 07:45 AM

Bev I forgot another solution.. My Grandma used to take old blankets.. She would do the top and then used an old blanket as the batting.. Then use one of her sheets for the backing..

She was always buying up old blankets at yard sales to use as batting... She would even buy tons of clothes at the yard sales too..She would go on the last day and offer them 50 cents for all the clothes that were left.. They became her peicing material... I can remember the days when she would only have maybe $2.00 in a quilt because of that :lol: Thinking about this brings back alot of fond memories.. My Grandma was a very thrifty woman...
Old 06-15-2008, 08:28 AM

Cute blocks Bev. Scraps are so much fun to play with, aren't they?
Old 06-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

You are a natural! Love the colors. Can't wait to see your next quilt. I need to try out scrap quilting. I've got sooo many bags of scraps. Keep us posted on this. Can't wait to see your next project.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 PM

Impressive pinwheel for a first try. Indeed.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Wow, Bev! You are really getting into it now. Looks like you're doing very nice work. You're pretty brave to start with creations already. I still, pretty much, stick with patterns with instructions. For me, I find that to be safer for a better outcome. However, I can tell you are much more creative with colors and blocks than I. I seem to do better with my longarm and I enjoy it more. YOU GO, GIRL!
I love it . Today I spent hours putting colors (fabrics) together. Then I'll go thru and get them cut up into my 4 patch. Sometimes I get lost on instructions and do better at "seeing" what I'm doing. OR looking at pictures... Now for a longarm...... No way jose. I'm scared to death to even try one. I bet your really terriffic with it. You go girl