Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Presentation >

Presentation

Presentation

Old 10-26-2022, 05:49 AM

Your quilts look even more beautiful on the backs of your Veteran recipients. Our vets certainly deserve to be honored and your fantastic quilts surely show appreciation! Amazing you've just found quilting 3 years ago and you're so proficient and giving with your talent!
Old 10-26-2022, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Your quilts look even more beautiful on the backs of your Veteran recipients. Our vets certainly deserve to be honored and your fantastic quilts surely show appreciation! Amazing you've just found quilting 3 years ago and you're so proficient and giving with your talent!
Thank you so much for your comments.
I have been sewing since about 12 or 13, I'm guessing. I had made the occasional baby quilt, for a grandchild and quilted by hand and only 3 queen quilts, one of those quilted by hand, before 2019. When asked to join Quilts of Valor group, in February 2019, I thought I didn't have enough time and I was big into machine embroidery, so wanted to spend my free time doing that. Besides, I thought it took for-e-v-e-r to make a quilt-lol However, when my husband was presented his quilt, I was so touched by the ceremony and the sweet ladies, I had to join. I took to it like a duck to water and since then, piecing has been non stop with the occasional quilting too. January, maybe this year (I'd have to look back at my post) but I think I cut out and pieced 5 tops that month. I am retired but even the other ladies that are too, seem to think I am quick. If so, I have accredited it to once working at a sewing factory. Although we made men's swim trunks, you have to sew very fast to meet production quota. I was told at the factory I didn't need to sew perfect, (what?!) just fast. I have been told in a joking way I'm OCD about my sewing. Well, call me that if you want to, but if I'm going to spend time sewing, I want it to satisfy ME. Mine has to pass MY inspection and if it doesn't I have more than one ripper-lol I have been making quilts for my 3 kids and spouses, grand kids these past 3 years too, I imagine just like everyone else here did. I am now working on a queen quilt my daughter chose fabrics and pattern for. It has been an on and off piece, because I have been having so much trouble with my back. I want it done for Christmas, but I also want to make a twin for our foreign exchange student my daughter has and a wedding ring (?) for my sister. The way my back aches, I am thinking this will be impossible to accomplish by Christmas. Time will tell.....have a nice day-Toogie
Old 10-26-2022, 07:58 AM

Great quilts for a great cause, Toogie!

Rob