Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

lindy-2 02-11-2011 07:07 AM

I like it

Nancy in Louisiana 02-11-2011 07:50 AM

Me too. Sorry.

GrannieAnnie 02-11-2011 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I knew exactly what fabric I would choose when this came up, just had to dig it out. Drab olive/army green airplanes bombing a score of landscapes including mountains, lighthouses, cacti, and palm trees - exactly where is that??

The good news is that whoever wins only has to deal with a fat quarter of this ... stuff.

Husband said the airplane might be a spitfire. Spit. Fire. Both sound like good options.

If there's a yard's worth, I see a pillow case for an aviation fan.

Sorry, folks, but I can see all sorts of things to make from most of your "uglies".

GrannieAnnie 02-11-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by roda

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
I think this shall be my pick of the ugly stuff!!

I think you need mine to go with yours

This one I love!

GrannieAnnie 02-11-2011 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by np3
Okay, well I don't usually call anything ugly, but I think if we collected all of these fabrics and put them in a box and listed them on eBay with a 99 cents start bid, we wouldn't get any offers. Just my humble opinion!!!!

I beg your pardon. There are several pieces that I love----------and see uses for!

lindy-2 02-11-2011 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!

I have two of the fabrics u used in your bags. they realy look good used like that.

this is my ugly fabric its realy bad even my 2 year old dosent like it and she thinks everythings pretty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131400[/ATTACH]

Sadiemae 02-11-2011 07:17 PM

I definitely agree with your two year old.

Twisted Quilter 02-11-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by np3
Okay, well I don't usually call anything ugly, but I think if we collected all of these fabrics and put them in a box and listed them on eBay with a 99 cents start bid, we wouldn't get any offers. Just my humble opinion!!!!

I beg your pardon. There are several pieces that I love----------and see uses for!

Okay GrannieAnnie, show us what you've got! You could be the lucky winner of all these lovelies. :P

cjomomma 02-11-2011 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by lindy-2

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!

I have two of the fabrics u used in your bags. they realy look good used like that.

I like it.

GrannieAnnie 02-11-2011 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by np3

Okay GrannieAnnie, show us what you've got! You could be the lucky winner of all these lovelies. :P

There's the problem. I don't think I have anything ugly.