Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2013-2014 Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2013-2014-round-robin-t224012.html)

Dragonfly Nana 06-19-2013 02:41 PM

We are off to a rousing start. Such lovely centers - these are going to be a treat to work on.

I can hardly wait to see what Elisabrat and Nexxus831 are going to create.

Jan in VA 06-19-2013 05:15 PM

This will be a very entertaining thread to follow; the starts are wonderful so far. I saw several I'd love to work on if I were participating. It will be such fun to see these each round for the next year! I hope you will make the subject slap-your-face-obvious so we can ALL find it each time!!

Jan in VA

quiltjoey 06-19-2013 05:38 PM

The only round-robin I really knew of was in tennis! I think I will learn lots of new things following your thread throughout the round-robin. Can't wait to see as all progress... exciting for a somewhat new quilter...

jaba 06-19-2013 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by grammysharon (Post 6131970)
I would love to know what block this is, I love pink and green!!!!

It's in my head, no specific block just made it up. Kind of like flying by the seat of your pants....and I seem to do that occasionally.

Dragonfly Nana 06-19-2013 06:06 PM

It looked more like a pineapple block around a 4 patch to me.

Dragonfly Nana 06-19-2013 06:07 PM

Thanks Jan. We will be using this same thread to post our progress pictures through the year. Subscribe to it and then you will know when we post stuff.

Elisabrat 06-20-2013 05:00 AM

Jaba I didn't know you made that block up! wow. Mine is going to be made up too lol I started with a 10" bear in the middle (printed fabric) framed it with blue texas bluebell fabric now I am thinking I am either going bear paws in the four outer corners and another solid strip between OR a mini checkerboard pattern around it. Mine is blue's, browns, and creams with a touch of green ok too I think. I am hoping to go for a woods/lodge look to it? its for the DH and well out of about 40 choices on the table he grabbed the blue flowers and the bears so .. ok I will go with it. next week it should be posted. We all are going to have so much fun. the variety of colors and styles will keep everyone entertained I think.

jaba 06-20-2013 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 6132323)
It looked more like a pineapple block around a 4 patch to me.

I guess it is, I just really started sewing and rotating the 4 blocks to have the floral in the middle. Never made one like this before, but decided I liked it whatever it is.

Dragonfly Nana 06-20-2013 08:20 AM

Jan - no matter it "name" it is beautiful and will be fun to work on.

Linda - I can't wait to see the bears and bluebells together. I think we are going to have fun with yours too. So many things you can do that give a "lodge" feel. Bear paw, maple leaf, pine tree, and acorn blocks all come to mind. Don't forget the lovely woodsy colors.

Helen S 06-20-2013 11:36 AM

It's a beautiful block! Can't wait to see all the rest of them.