Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   #4 of 3013 mission to use scraps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/4-3013-mission-use-scraps-t213830.html)

My time 02-19-2013 12:33 AM

I love how you put in all the little black strips. It's really effective. Great scrappy and cool elephant.

lizzy 02-20-2013 05:52 AM

Your scrappy quilt has me thinking again about a string quilt. I lovethe way you placed your blocks and love the inside border andthen the string border. Good Work!

Wildernessties 02-22-2013 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver (Post 5867887)
Thank you all for such wonderful comments. Yes I am time traveling- 3013 (LOL). no really, I just cant type. Raine, bookmark away. For those who asked how it was made, it is just a string quilt on foundation. I cut squares of an old sheet to use as foundation. The only thing planned was the blue fabric that tied it together. I bought yards of it at a garage sale several years ago really cheap. I cut the blue into the same width strips, 2 inche, and started my blocks with that going through the center of the block on the diag. Then I just sewed different strips to each side until the foundation was covered. I squared the block trying to make sure the blue was centered as much as possible then sewed the blocks together.

Thanks for the information. I really love the look of the quilt. By the way, I also like the one hanging behind it which I assume is another scrappy quilt. Thanks again!!

Rose S. 03-28-2013 02:33 PM

I really, really love this one!

maryb119 03-28-2013 04:17 PM

Great colors. I wish I had your scrap basket.

Country1 03-28-2013 05:01 PM

Very pretty!
Country1

lfstamper 03-28-2013 06:46 PM

Really pretty scrappy.

Christine- 03-28-2013 07:58 PM

That is a beautiful quilt. Such a treasure.

Barb_MO 03-29-2013 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver (Post 5867887)
Thank you all for such wonderful comments. Yes I am time traveling- 3013 (LOL). no really, I just cant type. Raine, bookmark away. For those who asked how it was made, it is just a string quilt on foundation. I cut squares of an old sheet to use as foundation. The only thing planned was the blue fabric that tied it together. I bought yards of it at a garage sale several years ago really cheap. I cut the blue into the same width strips, 2 inche, and started my blocks with that going through the center of the block on the diag. Then I just sewed different strips to each side until the foundation was covered. I squared the block trying to make sure the blue was centered as much as possible then sewed the blocks together.

Thanks for the explanation of how you did this. I usually have problem with string quilts like this because of the offset seams, but I think with the blue on the diagonal that makes the secondary block look would takes care of that. I have about two big trash bags of scraps I would like to get used up and have contemplated doing one similar to this. Yours is so pretty, I am going to start on one for myself. Don't know what I will use for the middle piece but surely I can come up with something.