Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   65 is a big deal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/65-big-deal-t287451.html)

love to sew 04-11-2017 08:16 PM

beautiful quilts and such a nice thing to do for your friends. I recently gave a quilt to a friend for her birthday and I showed it to my sister-in-law first. And she said "oh you know how picky she is" and made me think twice about giving it. I felt is was special for her as she was born on flag day and the quilt had flags on it. Anyway, I gave it to her and she loved it. She tells everyone it was the most special gift she has ever received from anyone (I'm sure anyone other than her family but she never adds that) She said she has just the wall for it. And sure enough, she went on-line and bought a special quilt holder and has it on display. It is really a nice feeling when someone really appreciates the work and effort put into something that you make for them. Anyway, I am sure that your friends will just love their gifts too.

minibarn 04-11-2017 08:22 PM

Great quilts and poem, what special thing ya'll share. I am still friends w/one school mate, we met in the 5th grade, 37 yrs ago.

Teddybear Lady 04-11-2017 09:14 PM

Your quilts are beautiful! I have a friend who I met when we were in the 4th grade. We will be 65 this year too!

mamajack3 04-11-2017 09:56 PM

That is such a sweet gesture! I know they will be thrilled. I surely would.

Jane Quilter 04-11-2017 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 7802312)
Beautiful quilts that they are going to love & cherish. Your poem is perfect! How are you going to decide who get which quilt? When I used to make gifts for Christmas to give to the other gals I found I had to give them all the same thing. :) Your kindness is awesome.

Ditto.......................

busy fingers 04-11-2017 11:51 PM

What lucky friends. 1952 was a "popular" year........ask me how I know.:thumbup:

jmoore 04-12-2017 02:20 AM

Wow, that's a lot of quilts but how special to have so many long lasting friendships. Each quilt is wonderful and I'm sure each friend will be delighted with your thoughtfulness.

Battle Axe 04-12-2017 02:28 AM

What a great thing to do. I love purple so my favorite is the first one. I, also, have two friends from high school and have given them quilts. (but I didn't make them!!)

Great inscription.

Sew Freak 04-12-2017 03:04 AM

Wow....that is so sweet...luv your poem!

Gaby 04-12-2017 03:27 AM

Always wondered what the wives are doing,when they sit in the back of the motorcycle, lol. You put the time to excellent use. Beautiful quilts, beautiful quilting, it's got friendship written all over it. Happy birthday to all of you.
My class mates had a big meeting when we turned 65 and it so happened there was a big event in town, and international garden and flower show, we all went and had a great time. Whatever ,you all will do, it will be great.