Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This and That (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/a-t947.html)

Celeste 01-13-2008 08:40 PM

Beautiful work!

barnbum 01-14-2008 03:34 PM

Wow!! You're a color master!! :thumbup: :!: :thumbup: :!:

Yvonne 01-14-2008 04:34 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Quiltin's just too much fun, isn't it?

Karla, thanks for the compliment. My slogan is, "You can never have too much color!" though I've approached it a few times!

Thanks again for checking out the pics.

Minda 01-14-2008 06:03 PM

Thank you sooooo much for sharing. Your quilts are fabulous.

Chele 02-22-2008 02:14 PM

How did I miss this post?!! What a visual treat! Your website was great! I knew you knew color, Yvonne, but it was such fun seeing all your pretty and sometimes zany quilts.

You put the fun in quilting! Make more!

Yvonne 02-22-2008 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
How did I miss this post?!! What a visual treat! Your website was great! I knew you knew color, Yvonne, but it was such fun seeing all your pretty and sometimes zany quilts.

You put the fun in quilting! Make more!

Thank you so much. Coming from you they mean a lot! You are the color maven!

sandpat 02-22-2008 03:17 PM

Yvonne, I somehow missed this thread and I just checked out your quilts. Now, if I can get my jaw off the floor, I'll tell you what I think :lol:

You are awesome! Must be a quilt goddess...all that in 6 yrs. You've done some fantastic work..thank you for sharing, I sure enjoyed looking at those. What inspiration!

Oh, and there are some amazing quilts displayed under the Calif. quilt show tabs too. I'm :mrgreen:

rb. 02-23-2008 03:53 AM

Whoa! Yvonne, I REALLY, REALLY don't like pink, nor do I care much for the blue (turquoise?) in your Good and Plenty quilt. But I have to say the quilt is just GORGEOUS! I may not like those colors much, but, boy, do they WORK in that quilt with the black and white patterning. Good lesson to me about color, that's for sure. Good and Plenty is definitely my favourite.

Yvonne 02-23-2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rb.
Whoa! Yvonne, I REALLY, REALLY don't like pink, nor do I care much for the blue (turquoise?) in your Good and Plenty quilt. But I have to say the quilt is just GORGEOUS! I may not like those colors much, but, boy, do they WORK in that quilt with the black and white patterning. Good lesson to me about color, that's for sure. Good and Plenty is definitely my favourite.

You ladies make me blush! :oops: I'm glad your enjoying looking at my quilts. I need to go back and add another page of my latest efforts. Soon as I find some extra time! Ha! Meanwhile, Thank you so much for your sweet words!

A little background here on "Good and Plenty." It was made for a high school graduate. I asked her mother about colors and her room was black and white with hot pink accents! At first those were the only colors planned for this quilt but the gold and turquoise got involved and they just seemed to work. It was amazing to watch this quilt grow. Nothing was planned ahead, no pattern to speak of. It just "happened!"

Diane007 07-20-2012 05:17 PM

my favorite is your frog... very nice