Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 16 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-16-photos-t108525.html)

Mousie 06-19-2011 05:24 PM

I must be hungry too...cause I could eat that block with a spoon, or on a stick...it's popsicle colors, yum :thumbup:

Fabric Galore 06-20-2011 01:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is my Block 16. I did some fussy cutting for my small flowers and for the center. I really love this quilt; it is addictive.

Block 16
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214529[/ATTACH]

Block 16 close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]214530[/ATTACH]

Fabric Galore 06-20-2011 01:14 PM

Your block is beautiful Ann Clare, and so original. It looks so bright and cheerful. I love all of the blocks that I have looked at. I feel like I am beginning to know something about all of the members, just by looking at their blocks. I can't wait to see some more blocks.

Butterflyspain 06-20-2011 01:19 PM

So beautiful, I love the way our are doing the sewing part on your quilt "Fabric" I hate calling you that name doesn´t slip of the tongue. I love your colour choices and the colours. What type of thread are you using, its neat

Fabric Galore 06-20-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
So beautiful, I love the way our are doing the sewing part on your quilt "Fabric" I hate calling you that name doesn´t slip of the tongue. I love your colour choices and the colours. What type of thread are you using, its neat

I am using rayon embroidery thread in gold and cotton embroidery thread in various colors to go with the block. I use 2 strands of each. My real name is Lois but my sister gave me the nickname of Losie when I was a child.

Mousie 06-20-2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Your block is beautiful Ann Clare, and so original. It looks so bright and cheerful. I love all of the blocks that I have looked at. I feel like I am beginning to know something about all of the members, just by looking at their blocks. I can't wait to see some more blocks.

oooh, what are the blocks telling you, losie?
heh, heh, heh,...mine aren't saying much...yet! ;-)
I love your variegated threads!
You put a lot of detail into this block...you have much patience and your block says your a warmhearted person...am I right, or am I right??? :XD:

sandpat 06-20-2011 05:17 PM

Oh wow Losie, that one is really "purdy"!! I do love your fussy cutting, the center looks so cool! Your embroidery is cool looking too with that mix of threads. It looks like you are doing a running stitch versus the stem stitch that most are using. It looks great!

Butterflyspain 06-20-2011 10:42 PM

Thanks Losie for the name check. Yes I love your thread and the way you are using it too. Looking great

candi 06-21-2011 05:41 AM

Ann and Losie, Beautiful blocks! Amazing how the same block can look so different with the different fabrics, arrangement etc.

ann clare 06-21-2011 09:47 AM

Losie, another beautiful block. I love your fussy cutting. All the blocks posted are so different. Love them all.