Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 16 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-16-photos-t108525.html)

sandpat 03-31-2011 06:34 AM

Judy, I just love what you used for the little flower buds! Did you fussy cut that or do it on your fabric in some way? This one really looks great!

JudyG 03-31-2011 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Judy, I just love what you used for the little flower buds! Did you fussy cut that or do it on your fabric in some way? This one really looks great!

They're fussy cut. I do think I'll scan the green one and enlarge it and print it on fabric for the center piece. Glad you like them.

Lacelady 03-31-2011 09:53 AM

Judy, inspired use of fabric for those little buds - fancy having some just ready to go in there!

sandpat 03-31-2011 03:09 PM

Oh I think something on the green will look great Judy! Will you post it again??? ( I hope!)

JudyG 04-02-2011 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh I think something on the green will look great Judy! Will you post it again??? ( I hope!)

Okay, Patti. Here is my block 16 with the green center. I scanned the fabric and then cropped that green piece and enlarged it and printed it on fabric. The green turned out to be a weird color, but it'll do. Fun experimenting with something different.

sandpat 04-02-2011 03:49 PM

Judy...that turned out really cool! I love it AND how you did it! What type fabric did you print it on??? Heat set??? Inquiring minds wanna know.....LOL!

QuiltswithConvicts 04-02-2011 04:45 PM

Judy, Judy, Judy!!!! That block is scrumptious!!! How clever for you to scan/print the center. It really finished it off nicely!

JudyG 04-02-2011 04:50 PM

I just printed it on some white muslin that I had treated with Bubble Jet. I did a picture memory quilt recently for some friends 50th Anniversary and tried several different fabrics for pictures. The muslin works fine. Then I soak the printed fabric to make sure no ink comes out. I've been really lucky so far. I've never seen a drop of ink come out of my printed pictures. Must be the ink the Canon printer uses. I'll be interested to see when I get back to Washington if I'm as lucky when I print on my HP. I know there are several different types of ink that printers use and I don't know what type either of the printers I have uses. I do know I like the Canon a lot because the ink sets well.

Lacelady 04-03-2011 02:14 AM

Great effect, Judy, your block looks lovely and of course, is unique.

sandpat 04-03-2011 05:34 PM

Thanks for explaining Judy. I had printed some on that special fabric made for printing for a memory quilt. I sure did not like sewing ON the fabric though (like when I quilted it). I've not tried the Bubble Jet but I understand it works great. That was an inspirational idea you had though!