Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 19 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-19-photos-t120851.html)

Deecee 10-08-2011 12:17 PM

It certainly looks great to me. I wouldn't go pulling anything off, but if you think there might be a problem perhaps a bit of decorative stitching for added security might make you feel better about it.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-08-2011 01:31 PM

Patti - another lovely block. Am anxious to see the finished quilt. Actually an getting anxious to see MY finished quilt, but I am still plugging along on the biggie border & the final shark tooth border, too.

sandpat 10-08-2011 03:53 PM

Thanks...I was thinking about adding some decorative stitching like is shown in the LBB book....ha!! See!! And ya'll think I wasn't really studying that book! LOL! I know I'll douse it with fray check. Its the gold scrolls that I'm really worried about, Rox...I got the little orange pieces just fine. I actually learned to make sure the teeniest pieces were being done with a batik...it just seems to work better for me.

Kathy...I'm getting anxious, but I still lack quite a few blocks AND of course the entire outer border which still hasn't germinated in my head :roll:

sewingbuddy 10-08-2011 04:08 PM

nice job, you must have alot of patience!

QuiltswithConvicts 10-08-2011 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Kathy...I'm getting anxious, but I still lack quite a few blocks AND of course the entire outer border which still hasn't germinated in my head :roll:

I didn't think I would ever decide on that design - for the biggie border. I kept thinking - what if I did . . . not normal for me. I usually just plunge in & do it. Then, if I don't like it, I'll do something else, but not this time!!! I am taking a break from AOTH today. TV was delivered this morning & we spent the bulk of the afternoon driving from one car lot to another looking for a replacement for the van. It seems that one dealership here has bought out all the other dealerships with the exception of the Chrysler/Dodge one. I think we found our next vehicle - a Honda Ridgeline mid-size pick-up. Having to be able to load an electric wheelchair into the vehicls cut our choiced way down. We have a Dodge minivan now, but had to give up the middle row of seating to get the chair in. Can't take passengers with us unless & stumble around and stuff myself into the back on the 3rd row bench - not fun! Chair lift is in the way & I have to get out backwards (butt first) - not a lady-like position. We wanted to get a vehicle that would let us have the 2nd row back & eliminate the back row, but the vans aren't high enough at the opening. Didn't really want a conversion van - mileage stinks in them! Not in a great hurry to make up minds, but the truck is doable! :thumbup:

Mousie 10-12-2011 10:14 AM

goodness, patti...I didn't tell you how much I like this block?
I do, and especially that green.
I found something sorta-kinda like that...foggy at the moment, but can't wait to use it.
T'is not to be at the moment, but eventually ;-)

pattis47 10-16-2011 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, finally this block is complete and I am not bald! Thought I would pull my hair out doing this one..... Really beginning to hate those swirleys

sandpat 10-16-2011 04:49 PM

Patti...it looks lovely! The blue looks like the color is moving across the scroll around the flower in the center. Is there 1 missing??? It isn't showing up on my screen...it could be dark and I can't see it though.

pattis47 10-16-2011 05:01 PM

It is a very dark blue, when I saw the picture, I am considering replacing it.....much as I hate to say that.....

Originally Posted by sandpat
Patti...it looks lovely! The blue looks like the color is moving across the scroll around the flower in the center. Is there 1 missing??? It isn't showing up on my screen...it could be dark and I can't see it though.

luvmortherest 10-16-2011 09:03 PM

beautiful