Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #21 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-21-photo-page-t111315.html)

sandpat 06-06-2011 05:58 PM

And why wouldn't you be happy with that block, geesh...I would be over the moon for it! Its lovely. Amazing what you are doing with the 1 fabric. :D:

candi 06-12-2011 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am on a roll(love having the bobbin work done already)..so I realized that since I am using the same colors for my hearts, I can consolidate/cheat :mrgreen: It turned out allright I think.

JudyG 06-12-2011 03:45 PM

Beautiful, Candi.

sandpat 06-13-2011 04:26 AM

Well, yes you can!! What a smartie you are! It looks just great that way! Your bobbin work is really lookin' good...you picked that up so quickly too, great job!

candi 06-13-2011 04:41 AM

Thanks Judy and Pat.

Roxanne 06-13-2011 05:39 AM

Candi,
I'm having another duh moment......How clever (and time saver) plus looks great to boot..... I'm so anal, I never think of these things , I have to wait and see it then copy someone else!

Mousie 06-13-2011 05:54 AM

mmm, candi, these colors are going to play so well with the others, woo hoo. :thumbup:
The wonderful thing about all the clever things you all come up with...we all learn for future use.
Course I don't see meece-self trying the bobbin work just yet.
I'm curious...what makes doing it from the bobbin, so different?
Your sewing from the back side right?
Somebody really ought to come up with a stem stitch look alike on these machines,...but then...the mouse would have to have a new machine,...can't do that! (need fabrics and notions more...and grandbaby outings!!! :XD: )

candi 06-13-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roxanne
Candi,
I'm having another duh moment......How clever (and time saver) plus looks great to boot..... I'm so anal, I never think of these things , I have to wait and see it then copy someone else!

Roxanne, it just occurred to me yesterday...here I was cutting all the hearts out from the same fabric..why not make it one hearty flower? :mrgreen: It looks ok on this block I think.

candi 06-13-2011 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
mmm, candi, these colors are going to play so well with the others, woo hoo. :thumbup:
The wonderful thing about all the clever things you all come up with...we all learn for future use.
Course I don't see meece-self trying the bobbin work just yet.
I'm curious...what makes doing it from the bobbin, so different?
Your sewing from the back side right?
Somebody really ought to come up with a stem stitch look alike on these machines,...but then...the mouse would have to have a new machine,...can't do that! (need fabrics and notions more...and grandbaby outings!!! :XD: )

Mousie, I am using a metallic DMC thread, double strand, no way to put it through the needle and that is why it goes in the bobbin. Yes, you work from the back. It is a little like machine applique, you are following lines and curves,the most difficult part about it is that you can't see your applique pieces so I have a couple of blocks where the embroidery lines don't play too nicely with the appliqué. I am finding it much easier to do the bobbin work first because then I can appliqué my pieces forcing them to play nice with bobbin work already in place. :mrgreen: and I think the double strand bobbin work looks a lot like the stem stitch, I have been meaning to play with it using some decorative stitches, but these skeins are expensive,lol, so I have To find something cheaper to play with :XD:

Mousie 06-13-2011 02:59 PM

that's good info, candi. I'm just not that brave a mouse.
When I first started quilting...
It took me forty forevers to cut my fabric...I'm talking months!
I had been sewing since I was 10!
Just hate messing things up, but it's been a real learning experience with quilting.
Ye shall mess up, and you shall learn to live with it and go forward if you want to quilt.
Good thing you can also make quilts out of scraps :XD: