Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #21 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-21-photo-page-t111315.html)

Butterflyspain 03-28-2011 04:22 AM

I am loving all of these blocks, they are just so pretty

Lacelady 03-28-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Ooooo!!!

OK, you brought it up. Do you have any idea why the cameras change the color so drastically some times and others, the color is spot on?

I noticed that last night when I was photographing these last 8 blocks. The floor was a really different color on the last one I shot. All were shot in the same 5 minute period, but the floor was more orange than light brown. The block wasn't all that far off, though. You don't see the floor as I'm cropping it off.

Not a clue, but it is so irritating. I have really tried not to take pics at night, because in my artificial light they REALLY change, but most of my blocks come out looking quite similar to life, and some are quite off. I always take them in the same place (on the seat of my sofa, the floor is too far away, LOL), so the only other difference might be variation of daylight from cloudy to sunny?

sandpat 04-02-2011 06:10 AM

Great looking blocks Ladies!

I find the same thing when taking pics. I think a ton of it has to do with the available (or lack of) daylight coming in a window. I do find that I can change the settings on my camera - I tend to use the ones for "floral scenery" to get the most accurate colors. If you use the flash, it is just about guarenteed to be off color.

Lacelady 04-02-2011 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Great looking blocks Ladies!

I find the same thing when taking pics. I think a ton of it has to do with the available (or lack of) daylight coming in a window. I do find that I can change the settings on my camera - I tend to use the ones for "floral scenery" to get the most accurate colors. If you use the flash, it is just about guarenteed to be off color.

Ha, I was using the floral setting Patti, cos I find the same thing - I used to have an SLR camera, and never learned how to change the settings on that, what with F stops etc. - they just confused me.

lynnie k 04-05-2011 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my block #21. Well some thing is wrong I can't add pic will try later

Butterflyspain 04-05-2011 09:55 AM

Thats beautiful too lovely material on the flowers

lisamortell 04-05-2011 10:32 AM

This is a function of the white balance. On some cameras you can manualy addjust it. Look at the manual for your camera. I have setting on my camera for different types of lighting.

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Ooooo!!!

OK, you brought it up. Do you have any idea why the cameras change the color so drastically some times and others, the color is spot on?

I noticed that last night when I was photographing these last 8 blocks. The floor was a really different color on the last one I shot. All were shot in the same 5 minute period, but the floor was more orange than light brown. The block wasn't all that far off, though. You don't see the floor as I'm cropping it off.

Not a clue, but it is so irritating. I have really tried not to take pics at night, because in my artificial light they REALLY change, but most of my blocks come out looking quite similar to life, and some are quite off. I always take them in the same place (on the seat of my sofa, the floor is too far away, LOL), so the only other difference might be variation of daylight from cloudy to sunny?

lisamortell 04-05-2011 10:34 AM

Oh by the way i got my Affairs of the Heart Pattern and the back ground material. Now i have to figure out the other materials.

Butterflyspain 04-05-2011 11:57 AM

Welcome to the Group if you havenīt already been welcomed, look forward to seeing your blocks

sandpat 04-05-2011 11:59 AM

lynnie...thats sooo pretty! Great job! I'm in the process of picking fabs for this block now.