Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Center Unit Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-center-unit-photo-page-t111863.html)

aurora41 04-02-2011 08:58 AM

The more I see this quilt, the more I want to do it. It has to be "in line with my other 'to do' quilts" I also like the idea of QAYG.

Really beautiful.

QuiltswithConvicts 04-02-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Stunning Kathy!!! What are you deciding on the border?

I am letting that border sit on the back burner, ignoring it for now. When I have all 36 blocks finished, then I will lay the whole thing out and decide if the fabric will work or not. I am thinking that maybe it needs to be wider than the 1" finished size.

Lacelady 04-02-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by sandpat
Stunning Kathy!!! What are you deciding on the border?

I am letting that border sit on the back burner, ignoring it for now. When I have all 36 blocks finished, then I will lay the whole thing out and decide if the fabric will work or not. I am thinking that maybe it needs to be wider than the 1" finished size.

I have a nasty feeling that if you make your narrow borders wider when you are making 7in blocks, then you might be storing up problems with the outer border not fitting unless you have decided to change that.

I am making my narrow borders just under 1.5in wide to go with my 10in blocks. (I hope I have my sums right).

sandpat 04-02-2011 04:16 PM

That is sure important to keep in mind Lesley! Of course, if you are using a sashing, I suppose you can adjust some with that.

debcavan 04-02-2011 04:18 PM

Oh it is beautiful

QuiltswithConvicts 04-02-2011 04:39 PM

Lesley, are you inside my head reading my mind? I have been planning all along not to do the border that Aie used. Haven't decided exactly what is going on them, but it will be hearts for sure!

Lacelady 04-03-2011 01:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Lesley, are you inside my head reading my mind? I have been planning all along not to do the border that Aie used. Haven't decided exactly what is going on them, but it will be hearts for sure!

LOL, I think its you inside mine Kathy. I have just finished my narrow borders for the first 16 blocks - I just haven't seamed them together yet.

This is what I was working on, but it didn't really gel for me, so I added to it
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179150[/ATTACH]

With a bit of embroidery! I like this much better.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179151[/ATTACH]

I actually worked two rows, back to back, ready to cut down the centre to seperate them
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179152[/ATTACH]

d.rickman 04-03-2011 01:42 PM

OMGosh that is just beautiful....

Shemjo 04-03-2011 01:43 PM

Lesley, I love the border treatment.

d.rickman 04-03-2011 01:49 PM

Outstanding, beautiful work you are doing....