Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES OF MY ROOM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/before-after-pictures-my-room-t124316.html)

The Quiet Quilter 05-20-2011 08:43 PM

Nice job of getting things in
order. Wish I had a sewing room.
Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Sharon

DonnaB 05-20-2011 09:00 PM

Nice improvement, now I bet you feel like creating more, way to go.

trrmite 05-21-2011 12:03 AM

Your room is as beautiful as you quilting.It is like a designer maker over. Love it

thegypsy1968 05-21-2011 03:22 AM

Someday I can only hope and pray to have that much stuff to organize in my sewing room..lol..ha ha ha ha ha

Sewfine 05-21-2011 05:45 AM

Wow! I love your sewing room. I have my stash every where even in a box in the living room. Congrats!

HCS2010 05-21-2011 05:46 AM

Well done! Congratulations on a great sewing space! May you have many happy hours there.

Joyce Ann 05-21-2011 05:49 AM

Good job I love that you have the sewing machine in front of a window Wish I had that

KLO 05-21-2011 03:08 PM

Wow, what a difference!!! Doesn't it make you feel good to get your "stuff" organized? It makes it so much easier to find things you need when you want to sew. Nice and neat and tidy!!! BTW, I love the little cardinal quilt you have hanging on the wall above the cutting table.

BizyStitches 05-21-2011 03:28 PM

Great room, where did you get the rolling cabinet with the plastic bins? That would be just perfect for me.

chickadeee55 05-22-2011 03:09 AM

Ok, story time, everyone has asked me about the bin cabinet. It is great, and as I have posted before a neighbor made it for me after I described what I wanted.

It is an excellent piece of furniture and is on rollers. He charged me $200.00 for it(made of real wood). Which I couldn't believe. So two months later I asked him to make me a cutting table, I found a picture of what I wanted and gave it to him. He came back with a price of 1200.00. I asked him how could it cost so much when there was more work in the bin cabinet. Get this- he told me the first item he made me at a good price, so I would come back for more items. Well, he just lost a customer. Is that like, get the fish on and set the hook. I wasn't asking for a deal.

So then my DH went to Menards and bought a kitchen cabinet base and added an oversized counter top, perfect.

I just didn't feel like my neighbor did me right, he cuts his own trees, mills his own wood and to sell it so cheap and then expect to make up for it in future sales. Hmmm, no. He should have given me a fair price on the first item, I would have paid it just based on the craftmanship.

I would never do that with a quilt I was selling, the price is what it is. Now maybe if someone order several quilts I would offer a deal on the price. I may be wrong but I think this is good business.

Originally Posted by BizyStitches
Great room, where did you get the rolling cabinet with the plastic bins? That would be just perfect for me.