Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Blue and White block layout...need opinions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/blue-white-block-layout-need-opinions-t22704.html)

Bevanger 07-13-2009 04:34 AM

i like the layout as it is

omak 07-13-2009 07:09 AM

I like your little kitty avatar <g>
and, I think that the green with the blue is very pretty!

mrsj82 07-13-2009 08:37 AM

So now I have a dillemma...all of the sashing that I've cut seems to not be quite long enough! It was long enough in my measurements, but for some reason, it's not turning out long enough. I don't have any of that fabric left to add peices on when it comes up short...so I'm not quite sure what to do.

I could add the darker fabric in when a shashing comes up short, and have it look really strange...

That's really the only option I have...ideas????

Butterflyspain 07-13-2009 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
So now I have a dillemma...all of the sashing that I've cut seems to not be quite long enough! It was long enough in my measurements, but for some reason, it's not turning out long enough. I don't have any of that fabric left to add peices on when it comes up short...so I'm not quite sure what to do.

I could add the darker fabric in when a shashing comes up short, and have it look really strange...

Is it possible to put in a diamond or square in a different colour in the middle of each divide of the stars???? whatch a think?

Oooops forget that you have it already. Back to the drawing board.

mrsj82 07-13-2009 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Is it possible to put in a diamond or square in a different colour in the middle of each divide of the stars???? whatch a think?

So you're saying instead of the dark green little squares, use a different color, and just make them a little bigger to bridge the gaps?

Butterflyspain 07-13-2009 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

So you're saying instead of the dark green little squares, use a different color, and just make them a little bigger to bridge the gaps?

Well I wasn´t, I was thinking what you have already done, or would a bigger block look okay. or a different shape, maybe some small stars ????

Any good

littlehud 07-13-2009 08:44 AM

Beautiful. I love the green. It sets it off so well.

amma 07-13-2009 08:44 AM

Very Pretty!!! I like it :D :D :D

bearisgray 07-13-2009 08:47 AM

how much short are you?

something I learned - if I put the side with the fewest seams on top when I'm sewing - I can "ease in" the bottom layer fairly easily

I've found that sometimes blocks "stretch" when I'm sewing them -

Also, are all the blocks pretty much the same size? You might want to verify that before you continue

mrsj82 07-13-2009 10:34 AM

The blocks are all exactly the same size...and I guess I'm still confused on what you are trying to explain to me...I'm dumb...