Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   BURGOYNE, NAVY AND WHITE, Going in the Frame (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/burgoyne-navy-white-going-frame-t35888.html)

Ninnie 02-04-2010 08:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by shaverg
Wow, good job. I was wondering do you use the chair that was sitting next to the frame? I noticed it has arms. I found I had to take the arms off my chair, when I use my floor frame. Do they get in your way?

Also what type of floor frame, is it a Gracie or Hinterberg? I have a frame that my husband made years ago, I still have to baste, it only has two poles and no gears. But since I don't make many bed size quilts I have not thought about getting another frame until I saw how easy it was to use yours. Mine is about 30 years old. Since I normally make something smaller, I use my PVC frame or a large hoop.

It is a Hinterberg Frame. I have had it about 11 years now. And It is called the Cadaliac :lol: :lol: Don't know why. Easy to assemble, and has longer poles that I canuse if I want to do a King, which I have done.

You are right about the chair, I cannot quilt in a chair with arms.
Here is the one I use. It has wheels on it, and I can roll around wherever I need to go. And all family members know NEVER! to sit in my quilting chair :lol: :lol:

QUILTING CHAIR
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35699[/ATTACH]

omak 02-04-2010 01:54 PM

IMPRESSIVE!
Even I am tempted to join you <g>.
What a great teacher and encourager you are! <wave>

roselady 02-04-2010 01:56 PM

Thanks so much for this lesson! I hand quilt and I love doing it, but I only have a lap hoop and a hoop on a stand. I don't really have the room for a large frame, someday, I hope. How long did the process of setting it all up, take? Did you do it all by yourself? Are you serious about it taking about 2 months to quilt? I've been working over a year on a twin size (I have done two other tops in that time, and some other embroidery projects), but I can't imagine doing it that fast!!! How many hours a day do you quilt?

amma 02-04-2010 02:57 PM

WOW!!! Thank you for the great pictures and tutorial :D:D:D
I have a much better understanding of how you get the quilt onto the frame!!! You have picked a beautiful quilting pattern and it looks gorgeous on your quilt :D:D:D

I can't wait to watch as you progress on this quilt :D:D:D

Bobbinwinder 02-04-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by omak
IMPRESSIVE!
Even I am tempted to join you <g>.
What a great teacher and encourager you are! <wave>

Oh, Omak, I sooooo agree with you...and you are another of the great teachers and encouragers.
Ninnie, you have, of course, earned all these compliments! Are you okay with all the bad weather that they're calling for around your area? Have you ever hq'd by candlelight...or oil lamp?...Not an age slam....I'm a mawmaw too...just wondering if you're as addicted as some of the hq-ers I know...LOL

Ninnie 02-05-2010 04:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Now I have the first border over half quilted. Here is the pattern I have made up for the corners. first, drawn in, and then half quilted.

butterflywing 02-05-2010 05:23 PM

WOW!! do you combine the stencils to create a new design? you are an amazing woman!

when you pin along the edges, do the pins pull the fabric out of line? and cause dips between the pins? sometimes that happens on the quilting machine where i pin top and bottom. i end up using 1,000 pins to overcompensate.

kpc 02-05-2010 05:33 PM

Ninnie, I have the same frame, but nowhere to put it right now it's hanging in the garage :cry:.I have been making some tops to hand quilt when I talk the boys into getting rid of the pool table :roll:

Sheila Elaine 02-05-2010 06:28 PM

Ninnie, I'm picking my chin up off the floor as I awe over you hand work. My Grandmother just did SID & a few other simple patterns, but you've gone outside the box my friend. Just love the Navy/white combo. It will take time, but you have plenty of that. TTUL.......keep up the rhythm.

butterflywing 02-05-2010 08:43 PM

i forgot to ask, what happens with the center pole?