Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Presents (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-presents-t4085.html)

cutebuns 01-16-2008 12:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Three of the 4 quilts that I did as gifts this year. Done not an hour before My husband left for BC on a trip that took him by family. I stayed up all night to get them quilted. I wasn't chancing them in the mail.

My niece and her boyfriend with her new quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2023[/ATTACH]

My sister and her husband on their new quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6865[/ATTACH]

My nephew with his new quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7231[/ATTACH]

cutebuns 01-16-2008 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The last quilt I did for gifts. I am still working on ones for my kids.

My niece trying out her new quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2400[/ATTACH]

Dawn Hendrix 01-16-2008 01:04 PM

They are just GREAT..

Don't cha just love the look on there faces when they recieve such a precious gift!!!

That makes me say sure I will make you one and you one.. and then after I open my mouth i say ...

Dawn Dawn here you go again.. Someday I will have quilts from me to me in my house!

Great work!! Time to start another I am sure!

cutebuns 01-16-2008 01:11 PM

I actually did a lap quilt since then for my kids to take to a birthday party. I haven't gotten any pictures yet. I have requested some from the new owner. I also have 2 more started. I wanted to do some hand work so I am putting one together in the house when I am spending time watching tv with the family. I have also started a lap quilt for my youngest and plans for two more for my other two kids. I promised myself one as well for my bed. Funny my son has 2 for his bed and I have none for mine.

My family gets together every two years in the summer for Christmas and I need to do 5 this year for it. We pick name so normally I would have 4 but one of my sisters is due in Mar so every ones buys for the new addition. Luckily it will only be a crib quilt.

Knot Sew 01-16-2008 01:20 PM

Cute buns those are some really nice quilts, you do beautiful work, are they machine or hand quilted? great :D

cutebuns 01-16-2008 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They are machine quilted. This summer after we moved he bought me a grand quilter by pfaff ane the big table to go with it. I love it. I am getting used to using it. It takes a bit to get a hang of some of it. Makes basic quilt a lot easier. It is definatly easier than laying it out on the floor or even a table to get the peices together.

my table with my sisters quilt on it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1895[/ATTACH]

jbsstrawberry 01-16-2008 01:51 PM

Those are awesome!! You did a fantastic job!!! Thanks so much for sharing the joy of the recievers too!!

Diamonds 01-16-2008 02:19 PM

They are beautiful... You are so lucky to have a grand quilter... That is nice..

Denise 01-16-2008 02:40 PM

Beautiful quilts, i got a quilt frame for christmas, but i haven't try it out yet. Still have to get material for the leaders. I'm hoping real soon to try it out. keep up the great work cutebuns and thanks for sharing.

Feathers 01-16-2008 03:33 PM

Cutebuns:
Your quilts are beautiful. Can I get my name on your "gift" list?
Thanks for sharing.

Feathers