Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Project a Month for 2011 Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-project-month-2011-pictures-t87008.html)

montanajan 01-02-2011 04:31 PM

Great stash - lets see some of these as you finish.
PS, your Avatar resembles the view out my NW Montana windows; I love winter.

PiecesinMn 01-03-2011 07:10 AM

I could look all day at Santa and snowmen fabric. The santa is the cover page of a fabric book of The Night Before Christmas I made for the kids who knows how many years ago. Someone on the board had made a quilt from a picture book and that's what I'm going to do with this. I also have a Follow The Star Chritmas book that I'm going to make into a quilt. There's two months of projects.

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
Love the big Santa. I could look at Christmas fabric all day

PiecesinMn 01-03-2011 07:12 AM

Love how you've bordered the panel. Might have to steal - I mean be inspired by that idea.

Originally Posted by rootyr

Originally Posted by Patched
Well here it is Jan. 2nd and I haven't started my January project. I hope to get started soon!!!!!!!!!!

I finished this today! A UFO finish for 2011.

marymc 01-03-2011 08:13 AM

I hope to find time this afternoon to get my Christmas fabric together and maybe choose patterns for my projects. Also starting a 2011 planner to help keep me on track. i would love to find a pattern of a snowman wearing a santa hat if anyone has ideas.

Melinda in Tulsa 01-03-2011 10:24 AM

I have to get my sewing room cleaned and organized a little better. It's not in *BAD* shape, but I've been stocking up on stuff and it just winds up on my cutting table. Plus my cats think it is their personal playground and just love to scatter stuff. :(

BettyB 01-03-2011 02:11 PM

I had quite a lot of Christmas fabric, but I went to WM and found a lot more for 1/4 the original price. Got some for .61 some .86 and 1.11. Got to get started!!!!

dogles 01-03-2011 02:26 PM

Love the fabric.

kay45 01-04-2011 01:22 PM

Nancy, How many projects are there? I would love to see what you are planning with some of that. Is it all Christmas fabric? Have not started a 2011 project yet, but will as soon as the people in this house aren't sick anymore, Ugh!

Originally Posted by np3
Found this thread and searched for the original post. I love this idea. I was just telling my husband last night that I need to start earlier since I still have so many projects to do. My plan was to start in June, but January works too! So I sorted my Christmas fabric into projects and I took a picture of it to post here. The rest of my holiday fabric will be offered for sale here or on eBay later. If this keeps me motivated, I'll do the same thing with my projects for gifts from non-holiday fabric. Great idea!!

sewjean 01-04-2011 07:12 PM

I started small & easy to get myself motivated to complete something!
My computer is going very s l o w so I will try in the morning to add a pic.

sewjean 01-05-2011 04:35 AM

here is my pic