Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Christmas Project a Month for 2011 Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/christmas-project-month-2011-pictures-t87008.html)

Melinda in Tulsa 01-05-2011 07:32 AM

I don't see a picture!!!

shamrock 01-05-2011 11:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I an very busy these next 2 weeks, hosting two gatherings here and sewing at Quilts of valor, so I did not plan anything big for January. I did make one of the octagon mats(reversible) before Christmas. A couple of years ago I made a decoration for my hurricane lamp. Wish I had thought to use the same material for one or the other so they would be a set. 1st pic is the mat, 2nd is the hurrican lamp. 3rd, I put them together. So I will make one or the other, have to check on fabric. But, add a candle and it makes a beautiul gift.

the old one 01-05-2011 11:49 AM

Today I finished a set of six Christmas napkins-they fold into a tree shape, there's the January project, pressed and everything, but I won't send a picture until the end of the month, maybe I will have more things finished. Or started--who knows? piecefully, the old one

ritamae 01-05-2011 06:24 PM

look at Joann Fabrics Christmas clearance. for santa hat snowman

PiecesinMn 01-06-2011 09:09 AM

Love it.

Originally Posted by shamrock
I an very busy these next 2 weeks, hosting two gatherings here and sewing at Quilts of valor, so I did not plan anything big for January. I did make one of the octagon mats(reversible) before Christmas. A couple of years ago I made a decoration for my hurricane lamp. Wish I had thought to use the same material for one or the other so they would be a set. 1st pic is the mat, 2nd is the hurrican lamp. 3rd, I put them together. So I will make one or the other, have to check on fabric. But, add a candle and it makes a beautiul gift.

PiecesinMn 01-06-2011 09:10 AM

Looking forward to seeing the picture(s).

Originally Posted by the old one
Today I finished a set of six Christmas napkins-they fold into a tree shape, there's the January project, pressed and everything, but I won't send a picture until the end of the month, maybe I will have more things finished. Or started--who knows? piecefully, the old one

buffalogrl 01-06-2011 09:25 AM

I have vowed to start now as well. My daughter is having surgery next December (2 weeks before Christmas) so she has the break to recover. Since my husband will be left to fend for himself and our two others.... figured I will help him out and have several Christmas gifts done. Plus I want to make my daughter a quilt to take to the hospital with her. I have started one lap quilt for my SIL and an embroidery project for ...whoever...LOL

quiltlin 01-06-2011 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't know if this is really the right place to post or if we're just posting on the other topic. Anyway, will post in both places.

These are the cloth books I just finished. One is "The Night Before Christmas" and the other two are "I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown".

bjnicholson 01-06-2011 02:54 PM

Shamrock, I love the hurricane wrap. Did you use a pattern or make it "out-of-your-head" as my MIL used to tell me!

shamrock 01-06-2011 06:05 PM

Thank you, I sort of enhanced it from one I had purchased at a home dec party.