Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Colorful Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/colorful-quilt-t49944.html)

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I decided to skip the C section as it has several parts and jump to D. I only wanted to do D first so I could colorize it, as it is the largest star and I wanted to make it hot like Mars with red and orange and yell and teal for a little cool side. I want this block to be the most colorful and then all the rest will go around it. It still has two mor spike rings but i will leave those until I finsih C as you can really join unless you go in the order of the blocks.
I will show the right side of the block and then I have to pin it on the wrong or reverse side on map.

All I can say is again OMG!!! and WOW!!! WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: :-P :-D :lol: :roll: :wink: :XD: :thumbup: :XD:

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
Fireworkslover - Hi! Could you please post a pic of your Cinco De Mayo? I have that book with pattern and would like to give it a try but........... it looks like a stinker as I'm not totally comfortable with applique yet. All I've done is needle turn for Dear Jane. I've done several of Karen Stones quilts but not Cinco yet. Hugs

There's no applique in this one. It's a New York Beauty type. Mine took me 6 months to piece together, another month to decide the final placement of the blocks, tearing some blocks apart and remaking them w/ different fabric in the arcs. Then a couple weeks to fmq and sitd. I made it in 2 sections, then sewed them together by hand on the back. I'll see if I have a photo of it somewhere.

Your quilt is very pretty!!! :thumbup: :XD: :-D :mrgreen: :-P

costumegirl 07-31-2010 01:45 PM

Absolutely stunning Rosy!!!! A beutiful piece!!

Ms. Shawn 07-31-2010 02:01 PM

I am done!! I am so happy. I wanted it done before the Farmer's Wife blocks start and I just made it lol...here is a pic of the CQ taken ouside on the line...I will quilt it maybe later and will post to my blog.

OMG!!!!!! WOW!!!!!WOW!!!!! Stunningly Beautiful, Amazing, Terrific!!!! and all the other Big Beautiful words I can't think of right now!!! My Brain Hearts from seeing your blog and the pattern!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Again OMG!!!!! WOW!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :-o :mrgreen: :-D :-) :lol: :roll: :wink: 8-) :P :!: :!: ;-) :XD: :thumbup: :XD: :mrgreen: :shock:

Rosyhf 07-31-2010 02:07 PM

LOl, thank you ladies. I am just relaxing right now and looking through my files and can't believe how many things I have tried and done.

This quilt is not all that hard, just time comsuming....

Vanuatu Jill 07-31-2010 02:10 PM

Wow! Only in my wildest dreams could I even attempt one like that! I just have to learn to foundation piece!!! On my "to do" list!

sewnsew 07-31-2010 02:13 PM

I've just checked your blogs and saw your other quilts ! WOW !!!! Do you do any easy projects ? Even your pie is a masterpiece !

Butterflyspain 07-31-2010 02:40 PM

holy Moly I am absolutely in awe of your quilts: I just looked at your blogs.

Whose design is the Colourful quilt donīt tell me they are you own designs!!!!!

Elle

Crlyn 07-31-2010 04:14 PM

LOl, thank you ladies. I am just relaxing right now and looking through my files and can't believe how many things I have tried and done.

This quilt is not all that hard, just time comsuming....

.......and its absolutely beautiful! :D

Rosyhf 07-31-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
holy Moly I am absolutely in awe of your quilts: I just looked at your blogs.

Whose design is the Colourful quilt donīt tell me they are you own designs!!!!!

Elle

It is a Jacqulein De Jonge design. I am a bit lazy to do all that designing not that I won't do it when I'm in the mood....