Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Deluxe Denim King-Size quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/deluxe-denim-king-size-quilt-t317351.html)

Quiltlady330 01-27-2022 10:08 PM

You must have acquired some real muscles working on that project.😅 I agree, I hope he appreciates all your hard work. I like it! Great job.

pineneedles4 01-28-2022 03:35 AM

What a beautiful quilt! I love the design!

tranum 01-28-2022 05:16 AM

Thanks for sharing your pictures. What a treasure !

beatys9 01-29-2022 08:04 PM

Looks heavy duty - Love it!! Especially the pockets.

Colby76 03-20-2024 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by quiltscapades (Post 8531742)
Made a monster-of-a quilt for my sister's friend who wanted a quilt made from his old jeans. I cut 8-inch squares and laid them out in a giant Buffalo Plaid type of design. Pressed the seams open - lots of steam, starch, and sometimes my little girlie hammer to pound bulky intersections into submission, lol! Then quilted it with a diagonal "Squared" design and bound it with long strips cut from the dark leftover pieces of denim. Then I stitched on some pockets for accents.

Wrangling that quilt to get it bound and stitch on the pockets was a real workout! Flannel on the back, 80/20 batting to cushion those bulky seams, and it may be the nicest Levi quilt ever! Hope he loves it!

Good Morning, I am struggling to get my levi quilt bound. My sewing machine does not want to go through the levi, batting flannel backing. Any secrets/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. tia debbie

quiltscapades 03-20-2024 08:12 AM

Colby76, to help bind the quilt, use a heavy- duty needle, at least size 100. If it doesn't work to use binding strips from the denim, use cotton fabric and bind as you would a regular quilt. I also put a vinyl glove on my left hand - that gives just enough grip to help wrangle the quilt. If you want to see the process, go to quiltscapes and search denim.

Colby76 03-21-2024 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltscapades (Post 8641612)
Colby76, to help bind the quilt, use a heavy- duty needle, at least size 100. If it doesn't work to use binding strips from the denim, use cotton fabric and bind as you would a regular quilt. I also put a vinyl glove on my left hand - that gives just enough grip to help wrangle the quilt. If you want to see the process, go to quiltscapes and search denim.

thank-you so much for your input.

Karamarie 03-23-2024 05:25 AM

Oh my what an accomplishment! I made an oversized quilt/bedspread for our bed and I made it so it covered the sides down so the mattress and bedspring don't show. It was very large but I love it. I quilted it on my domestic sewing machine and that was a bit of a challenge but I got it done. Perserverance pays off!

pennyhal2 03-23-2024 09:19 AM

Great quilt!!! Now I know what to do with all of my old jeans!