Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Is this disaster salvageable? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/disaster-salvageable-t103873.html)

quilttiludrop 03-02-2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Ummmm, what's wrong with it?

My sentiments exactly!

CircleSquare 03-02-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by makakehau
After hours of trying to fudge and cheat and straighten I am frustrated beyond words. My first inclination is to stick this is a drawer and walk away, but I was really hoping to get this done for our relay for life team.
Honestly, is this thing salvageable?

Lori

I only read the first 3 pages of replies, but I can see that the blocks on the left side get smaller as you go down the quilt, and so the left border strip looks crooked. I would trim that border at the top, tapering down to the edge, so that the whole thing is truly square, then also trim off a little of the right border. Then add pink borders to the top and bottom, same width as the right side.

CircleSquare 03-02-2011 02:33 PM

After hours of trying to fudge and cheat and straighten I am frustrated beyond words. My first inclination is to stick this is a drawer and walk away, but I was really hoping to get this done for our relay for life team.

Lori

Another thought for the future: this is one reason it's so important to measure all your blocks before sewing them together - to make sure they are all exactly the same size.

AnitaSt 03-02-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
take the pink border off, add a narrow black border and then put the pink back on. Should even things up visually.

Yep....that's my thought too. It's not a disaster at all...just needs a little adjustment to one corner. Your team will love it.

CircleSquare 03-02-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnitaSt

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
take the pink border off, add a narrow black border and then put the pink back on. Should even things up visually.

Yep....that's my thought too. It's not a disaster at all...just needs a little adjustment to one corner. Your team will love it.

Since the block in the lower left corner is actually most of the problem, adding a narrow black border will simply accentuate the wonkyness of this piece. Pink border will hide it better.

roseOfsharon 03-02-2011 04:08 PM

Looks great to me!

lue 03-02-2011 10:27 PM

So pretty! Why not just trim each side so that they are even, put a border around them and call it FABULOUS!!

Sew Krazy Girl 03-02-2011 10:33 PM

Keep going and don't give up.

Sandyt 03-03-2011 05:36 AM

Coming from a cancer survivor. It is beautiful. Just add a border. What pattern is that? I think I would like to make one.

Wall Warmer 03-03-2011 05:22 PM

Lori

Hi Lori -- I've looked at your beautiful square and got my handy dandy ruler out and believe the left side is not quite straight. Take the sash off and remeasure down, matching the points. If the points don't match, try re-sewing the point in question by adjusting them on the back until they line up with the top and bottom square. Then remeasure the width of your sash to match the right side and sew it back on. From the picture, it looks wider at the bottom than at the top. Hope this helps. If not, never mind!!

Nan :D :D