Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you have a ceretain color of fabric that you collect? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-have-ceretain-color-fabric-you-collect-t102271.html)

Marvel 02-25-2011 05:05 AM

I collect purples,blues and pinks. Then I collect anything with Butterflies or pansies.

tdgiffin 02-25-2011 05:06 AM

I am partial to greens, browns, reds, and purples. I am also into the pastel 1930s colors.

tdgiffin 02-25-2011 05:06 AM

I am partial to greens, browns, reds, and purples. I am also into the pastel 1930s colors.

Pamela Artman 02-25-2011 05:11 AM

I tend to collect way too much! My daughter wanted a purple quilt, so I started collecting purples, a yard or half yard at a time. I've made several purple quilts and still have a huge pile. Then it was homespuns for a cute wallhanging I saw in a magazine. I can now make 100 of them with fabric to spare. I did the same with plaid flannels, blues, greens, teals, and most recently, civil war reproductions for a Dear Jane quilt. I have a huge pile of these and those little blocks don't take much, so I will have many quilts out of civil war repos. I am planning a red and white scrappy quilt, so hmmmm, I think I need more reds!

Baloonatic 02-25-2011 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ritamaew
you have the perfect pattern for your collection

I buy when I am ready to start a quilt. I do not buy for "someday". At least most of the time.

Rita

Aww, where's the fun in planning? ROFL!

suzette1954 02-25-2011 11:03 AM

How perfect your fabrics will be to match the quilt pattern. Can't wait to see yours on here.

charismah 02-25-2011 11:08 AM

Your fabrics look great!

I am a hoarder....but I collect any AMY BUTLER and KAFFE fabrics....the color I have most of is pinks and reds....browns....don't have any blues or grays??

KS quilter 02-25-2011 12:20 PM

You've got a good lookin bunch of fabrics there, but I think
there's way more than enough for two quilts, ha. I am now
quilting on a black and white, with a touch of red. I collected
for quite some time before I felt I had what I wanted. When I got through with this top, I had soooo much left I made a nine
patch with black & white and the set-together blocks were a
red. And...I still have fabric left. Am going to make a jacket
for one of my daughters..and will still probably have some left.
I like to choose over a period of time. I learned my lesson
when I was asked to make queen-sized quilts for 3 grandaughters (sisters). I went to 4 nice shops to even get
enough variety. After they were pieced, I began to see more
that came on the market that were much more to my liking.
Live and learn.

Dollysquiltingmom 02-25-2011 12:36 PM

Great fabric. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Nettie Phillips 02-25-2011 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by Nettie Phillips
I used to take the magazine. I wonder if they don't publish it
anymore?

They still do. I bought it new from the store.

Thanks