Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you have a ceretain color of fabric that you collect? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-have-ceretain-color-fabric-you-collect-t102271.html)

cjomomma 02-23-2011 07:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I was trying to sort my fabric's today. I have been collecting black, white and red fab's for a quilt. I had not kept track of how much I have but I think I have plenty. I didn't have a pattern picked out until yesterday. I found 1 in a quilt magazine yesterday that will work perfectly. It is called giant patch work pattern.

I want to see what you have been collecting for a particular quilt too!!

Fabric I have been collecting. I may have enough for a couple of quilts!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166416[/ATTACH]

Pattern I found.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166417[/ATTACH]

ritamaew 02-23-2011 07:32 AM

you have the perfect pattern for your collection

I buy when I am ready to start a quilt. I do not buy for "someday". At least most of the time.

Rita

0tis 02-23-2011 07:38 AM

I think you found the perfect pattern. When I started buying fabric - I just bought jelly rolls from Walmart so I could practice - now I love fabric - I am very partial to green - but also like blues, purples, yellows. But now I will purchase whatever catches my eye.

cjomomma 02-23-2011 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by ritamaew
you have the perfect pattern for your collection

I buy when I am ready to start a quilt. I do not buy for "someday". At least most of the time.

Rita

I always buy then figure out a pattern later.

dkabasketlady 02-23-2011 07:48 AM

Carrie, I LOVE your collection of R,B & W and the pattern you selected will be perfect. Any chance of it being done before I get there in April so that I can see it in person? I've been saving the same colors, but don't have anywhere near the amount that you do. This is going to be a very beautiful quilt.
I'm not partial to any color of fabrics, but have been really building up a stash of Civil War repros and 30's repros.

cjomomma 02-23-2011 07:52 AM

I don't think I will have even started it by then. I have all those charity quilts to get done first but we will see!

LovingIzabella 02-23-2011 07:58 AM

ORANGE!!!!!! I rarely find it and I love it so when I do see it welllllll
I love your red white and blacks (another favorite combo of mine!)
Hugs
April

kwendt 02-23-2011 08:02 AM

Carrie... I find myself collecting in certain styles, not colors. I have jewel tones, 30's, civil war, and others. What I don't have alot of is muted like thimbleberries. I like in tropical south florida, so I tend to do high contrast, clear toned quilts. Or themed quilts like civil war and 30s styles.

Out of those, I especially like blues and greens.

buckyfan19 02-23-2011 08:05 AM

Isn't it fun when you get all the pieces together and then you are ready to run! It looks like it will be an awesome quilt! I cant wait to see pics.

luvstitches 02-23-2011 08:06 AM

Those fabrics are going to be perfect with that quilt pattern. Really love the stash.