Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Do you have a ceretain color of fabric that you collect? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/do-you-have-ceretain-color-fabric-you-collect-t102271.html)

nnewman 02-23-2011 08:46 AM

I am constantly on the look out for fabric that has good combinations of colors in it. Then I will add other fabric from my stash or purchase it as I see it and somehow it all comes together.

I saw and was attracted to that quilt pattern and colors in the magazine. You have collected the perfect fabrics to do it in. And yes, you will probably have enough of a couple of quilts! I'm thinking of doing the pattern in black, red, and touches of hot pink.

RedGarnet222 02-23-2011 08:48 AM

OOOOoooo I love the new pattern! Go for it cjmomma!

I usually go the different way. I see a pattern I want to make and put snippets of the fabric colors and sizes I need in a notebook I carry with me. It is also filled with notations on the size needles and threads I need and whatnots. That way I don't have to try and remember what I need when I am there in the store. (I get distracted with all that eye candy lying around to buy.... LOL)

cjomomma 02-23-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Love your fabrics and your pattern! :thumbup: What magazine is the pattern in? I have white pink and black in a basket for a quilt and this pattern would be wonderful. :-D

The name is Quilts. April/May 2011. Step by step with the experts. I got it at walmart.

cjomomma 02-23-2011 08:53 AM

Thank you for the wonderful comments.

alaskasunshine 02-23-2011 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Love your fabrics and your pattern! :thumbup: What magazine is the pattern in? I have white pink and black in a basket for a quilt and this pattern would be wonderful. :-D

The name is Quilts. April/May 2011. Step by step with the experts. I got it at walmart.

Thanks so much for the information!!! Your quilt will be wonderful.

Kehoeta 02-23-2011 09:22 AM

I am new to quilting so I am still creating my stash. I've been hunting at the thrift stores and on craigslist. So what I have on hand is not in any certain color scheme or type.

However - I personally prefer all the jewel tones and fabrics with geometric or complicated prints. Not so much flowers.

Jim's Gem 02-23-2011 10:25 AM

Pretty fabrics!! That will be a beautiful quilt!!!

Purples and greens are what I collect, Especially if they are together in the same fabric. But have lots of just greens and just purples. I have also been collecting Asian fabrics.

jdiane318 02-23-2011 10:28 AM

Teals, light, medium, dark, batiks, solids. I am either going to make a Judy Martin Double Wedding Ring or a Bargello or a regular Double Wedding Ring. I probably have enough collected for to make all 3. I also love batiks. Have made several scrap ones using batik scraps.

MamaBear61 02-23-2011 12:42 PM

That is going to be very nice. I like earth tones and black and whites. I always have a hard time picking out blues or purples.

justlooking 02-24-2011 03:48 AM

I collect blues, and florals.