Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   From Don----what to do with this material (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/don-what-do-material-t108660.html)

PieceandLuv 03-19-2011 01:09 PM

beautiful......

colleen53 03-19-2011 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Don't know if this suits you or not, but I really enjoyed using the pattern "Center Court" that I purchased from a LQS when I didn't want to cut up a piece of fabric. I'll attach a pic so you can see it. As you can see you can compliment the Egyptian fabric with lots of other colored fabric with the blocks and border. I purchased the pattern from the Quilt Haus. Their website is www.quilthaus.com. The owner, Deanne, is the one that designed this pattern.

i love this quilt.. great way to use a panel or something you don't want to cut too much.. i just ordered this pattern thanks to you.. wish you could get some store credit for that !...

Ritacarl 03-19-2011 01:22 PM

Why don't you leave it the way it is and put rails up and down say 10 inches apart. Make it look like a window.

pal 03-19-2011 01:48 PM

I'd put it on a really large wooden frame, like you do canvas, and then make lots of pillows for the couch or floor, mixing them with solid colors taken from the fabric.

mshawii 03-19-2011 02:05 PM

I would do one that has at least a 10-12 inch block of this fabric, so you can really see the pattern which is what you really want. Great fabric. :thumbup: Jan

dunngriffith 03-19-2011 02:29 PM

I agree!!

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
That is so beautiful. I think I would either treat it like a panel & add coordinating borders, or use it as backing so you can enjoy the full effect of the fabric.

karenm36 03-19-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by colleen53

Originally Posted by karenm36
Don't know if this suits you or not, but I really enjoyed using the pattern "Center Court" that I purchased from a LQS when I didn't want to cut up a piece of fabric. I'll attach a pic so you can see it. As you can see you can compliment the Egyptian fabric with lots of other colored fabric with the blocks and border. I purchased the pattern from the Quilt Haus. Their website is www.quilthaus.com. The owner, Deanne, is the one that designed this pattern.

i love this quilt.. great way to use a panel or something you don't want to cut too much.. i just ordered this pattern thanks to you.. wish you could get some store credit for that !...

Glad you like the pattern! You're the second one to order it in the last 2 days. Store credit would be nice...lol!

debbieoh 03-19-2011 03:44 PM

WOW WOW beautiful. I sure wouldn't want to cut it up. so I guess I'm no help

Baba71 03-19-2011 03:56 PM

Love the fabric. Where do you go in Moline to make pillow cases? I live in Rock Island and I might be interested in helping out with the project.

roseOfsharon 03-19-2011 03:58 PM

Maybe for borders or make a couple of throw pillows.