Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fixing a Lone Star Gone Wrong (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fixing-lone-star-gone-wrong-t106776.html)

joyce blint 03-12-2011 11:52 AM

I notice in the 1st pic, it has a big gray spot on it. Just kidding!!!! (Love the big gray spot!)

jillaine 03-12-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by joyce blint
I notice in the 1st pic, it has a big gray spot on it. Just kidding!!!! (Love the big gray spot!)

Yeah, Clio is quite the "gray spot". She's actually a long hair "muted calico". Her nickname (when I'm not calling her Cutthatout!) is "Shake and Bake" because she looks like a long hair cat that you put in a paper bag with flour, brown sugar and ash dust.

rockie8903 03-12-2011 12:07 PM

great fix

Marvel 03-12-2011 01:11 PM

I see what was bothering you. After you solved this aren't you glad you didn't throw it away. It looks lovely.

gal288 03-12-2011 01:23 PM

Love the cat, they make good bed ornaments!! My Cleo is exactly that, only comes off the bed to eat.. but we love her dearly...

I love your idea to add the roses & vine.

IrishNY 03-12-2011 01:29 PM

It's beautiful. It sure doesn't look like it started out like a mistake - it looks like it will be a masterpiece. I wish my mistakes turned out so well! :thumbup:

okiepastor 03-12-2011 01:33 PM

I like it better with the strips! got to remember this!

NUTMEG10 03-12-2011 01:35 PM

Once you fix the 2 blocks that are going the wrong way you are on your way to a beautiful quilt. I love the colors.

QuiltNama 03-12-2011 03:04 PM

Peg,
This may not be the vision you started with, but it is really beautiful. It will be a winner when you get it finished.
Brenda

Kappy 03-12-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by jillaine

Originally Posted by KathyKat
Just turn those 2 blocks around that are oriented wrong and it will be finished.

Oh I wish, KathyKat! I want this to be a bed quilt, so I also have to make it rectangular. I figured out how to do that without it being HUGE!

I've just completed the parallelograms (sp?) that will go into the "new" empty areas.

And then I'll need to make four triangles to form the four corners. Then a border all the way around. I am probably going to appliqué a rose from the large-print fabric onto the center, and perhaps sprinkled around the brightest, largest "red" areas, because I think those shapes dominate too much.

I am also considering (call me Crazy) embroidering vines with leaves and rose buds along some of the internal white border areas to distract from the oddly placed seams. But that may be too much.

Just ripped out the squares going in the wrong direction (this poor fabric has been ripped out so many times!) and I'm just taking a break (here on the board) before going back.

I would SO love to finish the top (less the possible embroidery) this weekend!

-- Jillaine

What ever your on, I want some of it! LOL