Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fugly Orange Baby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fugly-orange-baby-quilt-t187086.html)

May in Jersey 04-26-2012 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Canada Kate (Post 5168306)
DebbE, you and many others have posted advice similar to this, and I agree with you that I probably should not give it to her. I have 2 more girl baby quilts completed: one purple and one pink - so I think I may give the orange one to charity as so many of you have suggested.

I also think that it would be terrible to not be liked at work, but some of it is self-induced on her part. Regardless, I'd rather have it where most everyone likes working with me. This is one of the reasons why I give a quilt to anyone in my branch: because I am their manager and I don't want it to look like I am picking favourites , and also because I love to quilt.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice!

Great thinking - and hope the quilt you give her makes her feel special and who knows it might even have some affect on her attitude at work and that's a plus for everyone.

BeckyBryan 04-26-2012 05:03 AM

I LOVE your quilt! I think it's absolutely gorgeous! If you're going to give it away, send it to me! I'll pay the postage. PM me and I'll send you my information.

PS Or give it to the woman at work and stop being so dreadfully hard on yourself!

elm 04-26-2012 05:21 AM

Have you thought of adding a few animals, fused and appliqued? I think the quilt is really nice, just too bright for me.

Scraps 04-26-2012 05:33 AM

Love the pattern! Like how you did the back! You have some interesting solutions here.

joejoe31 04-26-2012 05:35 AM

I love this quilt my MIL hates oranges but this I love .I wish I was expecting lol.

patsynel 04-26-2012 05:39 AM

If the quilt is not your thing, then donate it to chariity and it will make someone very happy. It is a pretty quilt and it looks good. Your generousity is wonderful to give your co workers a baby quilt

CarrieC 04-26-2012 05:46 AM

I think it is lovely. I have a daughter who LOVES orange/yellow runs of color. I showed her this quilt and all she could do was drool! So maybe think "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" :)

lillybeck 04-26-2012 05:47 AM

If you just cannot stand having it around you can send it to me anytime. Orange and yellow are my two favorite colors. This is a very beautiful quilt. The old saying is that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Prettiptibbs 04-26-2012 05:49 AM

I think this is a very cool quilt, maybe because I love orange. Someone suggested taking it to work and putting on the back of your chair and then gifting to the most enthusiastic admirer. As for your coworker, I would give her one that you think is more appropriate. after all it is the thought that counts!
Good job!

linynp 04-26-2012 06:44 AM

Well since I'm an orange lover I think the quilt is spectacular!!! The oranges are the perfect hue IMHO and goes well with the modern design. Have you thought of adding appliqué to it like flowers or something? Just a thought. I think it's great as it is though.