Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Got a steal.... at Wallyworld (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/got-steal-wallyworld-t16354.html)

Barbm 02-09-2009 05:49 AM

I agree Ruth- Joann's has stuff from Wal-Mart. I just bought a 1/2 yard of a fabric I bought ages ago (let's see the baby is now 4). I loved it and thought I'd never see if again. Jaonn's had it! Cost was much more than Wal-Mart though.

I'm not sure- but do you think the fabric from Wal- Mart is now thicker- like a better quality? More like Joann's?

grammo013 02-09-2009 09:46 AM

Some of it is better than Joann's

Lisa T 02-09-2009 09:51 AM

I have noticed lately that some of the Joann's fabric is pretty bad. I have started watching what I buy there. And often they have the same fabric as Walmart for more money! But they do have some nicer stuff that you can't get at Walmart. I am careful about both now.

I like that at my lqs I don't have to worry, but it's just so much more expensive!

Quilting G 02-09-2009 10:56 AM

I got yardage in two of the prints. I am planning one quick lap quilt.
18 inch square with with 4 5 inch borders with corner stones and use all of the patterns in the borders/cornerstones, for the backing a 5 inch patch work with all of the patters on the back. I think it will be quick but have to finish the one I am working on now. I will post updates...
Since I thought it would be quick and because it was cheap I bought more then I thought I would need and hope to get 2 quilts out of it.

I saw it in blue and love that one also. If this works well I will go back for it when my cash stash is replinshed... It runs our so quick...

G

Knot Sew 02-09-2009 11:19 AM

Thats why I like to buy in person...gotta feel the goods. Some fabric makes me shutter when I touch it. joanns buys their red tag fabric as seconds, some is good buys some not. Markdown is when it comes in. Its good to get it when they have a 50% off sale. Lately I have got some good stuff at wallys' :D

Quilting G 02-09-2009 11:39 AM

Ruth,
You avitar is what inspired the 5 inch patch work... I just noticed it now.

I love the quilt in your avitar quilt!!

camillacamilla 02-09-2009 12:10 PM

Oh my...I just bought that very same fabric at Walmart the other day too! I am using it for applique flowers. They all coordinate really well, so the applique flowers go together, without being too matchy.

sewmuch 02-10-2009 07:59 AM

I bought 2 yds of different fabric at Wallyword in another town over the weekend. Very reasonable and good quality, not excellent tho. That said I noticed that some was USA made and more from China. China's quality was better than ours, go figure. Anyway, the clerk had to put those detector things they put on shoes and jeans, etc. so you can't steal them, on each piece of fabric. Never had that done before. :!:

Quilt4u 02-10-2009 08:10 AM

Very nice.

Rommel 02-11-2009 03:57 AM

Nice color fabric ..My first thought was to make a tossed 9 patch. think that will work with size widthof fabric ?