Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Got a steal.... at Wallyworld (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/got-steal-wallyworld-t16354.html)

Quilting G 02-08-2009 01:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I just got back from Wallyworld... We have 3 with in 10miles of my home.
2 still carry fabric and 1 does not.. Of course it is the one we prefer to shop at.
Anyway, the one which is our least favorite has the better fabric selections. And I got 7 yards for 2.44 each... I got 4 yards of this "cheater" fabric. 8 5' rows. I can't wait to finish the quilt I am on so I can cut into this stuff....
I might have to go back and get it in blue.

G
just looked at the photos after posting... They are much darker and richer in person.

closeup1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26573[/ATTACH]

closeup2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26574[/ATTACH]

The cheater fabric are on either side. I wanted to show all 8 strips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26575[/ATTACH]

littlehud 02-08-2009 02:01 PM

Pretty fabric. I have seen cheater cloth but never tried it. Take lots of pictures and let us know how you like it.

Up North 02-08-2009 02:16 PM

Ok my turn what is cheater fabric?

Quilting G 02-08-2009 02:32 PM

Cheater is what I call it. If you look real close to the fabrics on either side you will see a dark line in-between the stripes. This fabric has 8 different coordinated pattern running the length of the fabric. Each 5.5 inches wide. There is no guessing if these will go together. They also had a few bolts of the individual patterns. I am still a newbie but plan on using the stripes as borders on one side of the quilt (the center will be about an 18 inch square of one of the patterns. The other side will be 5 inch block patchwork of all the fabric. I think I will be able to create a quilt quickly… “Cheating maybe, maybe not.” I just found out my other mother (best friends mother had part of her foot removed due to diabetes) and I need to get her something quick…

sewnsewer2 02-08-2009 03:33 PM

You have good taste in fabrics!

quiltwoman 02-08-2009 03:36 PM

very pretty!

sewjoyce 02-08-2009 05:13 PM

Love them all!!!!!!!!!!

I might have to go to my Wally World and see if they have that in blue 8)

sharon b 02-08-2009 05:17 PM

Very pretty ! Can't wait to see what you make....
Sharon

Lisa T 02-08-2009 05:30 PM

I call those fabrics "running eighths", but I'm not sure where I heard it- I didn't make it up. (At least I don't think I did.)

I saw these same prints at our Walmart and they had them in blue and green, too. And they had yardage of some of the prints, too. They are very pretty! I put the green one in my cart, but then I was good and put it back.

I had got some like that at Joann's that had teal and brown prints, but I wasn't overly crazy about it. I ended up with a lot of waste that wasn't really very useable, like skinny strings and a couple prints I thought were ugly. (I made my teal and brown quilt that I posted in the pictures section out of those, plus some other stuff.) If I had gotten it at the price you did, I would have been a little happier about the wasted stuff- it was a lot more expensive at Joann's.

Have fun with it! Show us pictures of what you make!

Knot Sew 02-09-2009 05:34 AM

My store has a gorgeous green, i didn't buy any this is my big bill month. Joanns has it at a bigger price :wink: It is pretty nice stuff :D