Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

omak 02-12-2011 05:46 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This was the white elephant my friend got a couple of weeks ago.

spartan quilter 02-12-2011 06:06 PM

I think that is absolutely gorgeous. I am still looking for some fabric to do one for my granddaughter for her graduation gift.

daisey 02-12-2011 07:21 PM

Very Pretty..

Bottle Blonde 02-12-2011 07:44 PM

Beautiful fabric --- good job!

k3n 02-13-2011 01:59 AM

Omak that is really pretty. It's the same technique as OBW but with the setting triangles TECHNICALLY it's stack n whack :mrgreen:. This way of setting hexes is in the Bethany Reynolds book Stacknwhackipedia. But of course it's easy enough to work out how to do from the OBW books as well - the two methods of construction are the same.
Signed, Ms Pedantic xxx :mrgreen: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n 02-13-2011 02:01 AM

PS Re the 'project' - I'm going to join my rows as soon as I finish the seascape quilt I'm working on (which I am NOT loving - it's not coming out like it looks in my head but anyway, I digress) Then I'll post and hope that Daisey has her fabric by then!

omak 02-13-2011 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Omak that is really pretty. It's the same technique as OBW but with the setting triangles TECHNICALLY it's stack n whack :mrgreen:. This way of setting hexes is in the Bethany Reynolds book Stacknwhackipedia. But of course it's easy enough to work out how to do from the OBW books as well - the two methods of construction are the same.
Signed, Ms Pedantic xxx :mrgreen: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember <g> these are the pictures of the stack and whack (clearly identified by the beginning quilter by a piece of paper in the box) that I thought was an OBW, but that you corrected me a few pages back ... but, golly, Miss Pedantic they are all just triangles :!: ;-) LOL <wave>

k3n 02-13-2011 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by omak
I remember <g> these are the pictures of the stack and whack (clearly identified by the beginning quilter by a piece of paper in the box) that I thought was an OBW, but that you corrected me a few pages back ... but, golly, Miss Pedantic they are all just triangles :!: ;-) LOL <wave>

I'm only teasing Omak, I hope you know that. :-D And in fact, I'm taking the mickey out of myself rather than you. (kiss) :-D

omak 02-13-2011 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by omak

I'm only teasing Omak, I hope you know that. :-D And in fact, I'm taking the mickey out of myself rather than you. (kiss) :-D

I knew you were teasing, and I tried teasing back, but alas! I just don't do humor well <g> Now, you have to explain "taking the mickey out" - - I have never heard that one! I hope it doesn't mean that you were being critical of yourself cuz I see no reason for that at all! <wave>

k3n 02-13-2011 03:02 AM

Taking the mickey just means teasing really - don't know where it comes from. Think I'll google and see if I can find out. :mrgreen: It's funny how you take things for granted until someone questions you about it - it's usually Hans (my DH) who is Dutch and asks me the derivation of English expressions and I have to say 'I don't know'. And I don't like saying that - I like to be a know-all - hence why I was 'taking the mickey' out of myself! :lol: Are you still with me or have you gone off in disgust! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: