Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

ljorange 01-20-2011 07:08 PM

I'm planning to go to Joanne's tomorrow, hope I can find some of the fabric. Great idea to do it together, will be fun to see the different ways to put them together. I doubt I could keep up though, I'm slow!

quiltstodo 01-20-2011 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by ljorange
I'm planning to go to Joanne's tomorrow, hope I can find some of the fabric. Great idea to do it together, will be fun to see the different ways to put them together. I doubt I could keep up though, I'm slow!

So am I and this will be the first i've ever done. Should be fun though

isnthatodd 01-20-2011 07:14 PM

I am going to go to Hancock's and Joann's if necessary to find it (have printed off a picture just to make sure I get the right one), but how much do I need to get? I know it depends on the size of the finished quilt, so what do I need for a double? If I can find the fabric I will join in when I finish the Dances with Waves Project Linus quilts and an outfit for my granddaughter.

quiltstodo 01-20-2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I am going to go to Hancock's and Joann's if necessary to find it (have printed off a picture just to make sure I get the right one), but how much do I need to get? I know it depends on the size of the finished quilt, so what do I need for a double? If I can find the fabric I will join in when I finish the Dances with Waves Project Linus quilts and an outfit for my granddaughter.

I planned on a wallhanging and I bought 2 1/2 yds but I would ask k3n she knows more about how to do these

luckylindy333 01-20-2011 08:45 PM

Too funny that you all bought the same fabric for the OBW! Great minds think alike! Thanks for sharing for those of us following along... enjoying it immensely, I want to do one someday when I knock out a few of those pesky UFO's and WIP's.

Rann 01-20-2011 08:53 PM

ONe question. If I want to do one, how much fabric do I need to start/do it?

gaigai 01-20-2011 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rann
ONe question. If I want to do one, how much fabric do I need to start/do it?

I think k3n said the repeat is 12 inches, so 2.5 yards will do it. When I saw this fabric, I just knew it would be great for an OBW, but I don't think k3n was that enthused with the fabric at first, LOL! I'll stop by two different Joanns in the morning when I get off work and see if they have any more. I got the fabric around September or October, I think. And I'll join in the OBW group as soon as I finish the Blooming 9 Patch I'm working on right now.

butterflywing 01-20-2011 09:50 PM

what size finished quilt will this make and how many yards did you begin with?

Sandy-lou 01-20-2011 09:54 PM

Gosh they are beautiful...just like a kalaidascope

cctx. 01-20-2011 10:43 PM

Very pretty work, awesome!