Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

k3n 07-28-2011 09:24 AM

[/quote]

I ran out of triangles (magic squares)...lol.

[/quote]

That was a design opportunity then - and it really paid off. :mrgreen: :lol: :D

quiltstodo 07-28-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

Originally Posted by jtapp9

Originally Posted by QweenBee
Great job, I'd love to learn how to make one! Can you make a TUTE for us???

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think there are several tutes on OBW's.

In my opinion, it's a little too complex for a tute - get one of the books by Maxine Rosenthal called One Block Wonders.

Julie that is fabulous - I love the way you rounded off the corners with the green and I like the extra octos floating where they do - more unexpected than in the corners therefore more interesting. Can't wait to see it quilted - still haven't FMQd mine. :oops: :lol:

I agree. You can look at the tutes on here but you really need one of the books also. I got my fabric cut months ago but still waiting to finish setting up sewing room in the new house so I can finish it. My DD is waiting also since I'm making it for her.

I love how yours turned out with the wide border. I may have to try this with mine since I am making it to fit a queen size bed.

Jammin' Jane 07-28-2011 12:59 PM

I went through each and every page of this post and have decided I really NEED to do one of these. I am going to get the book and track down some gorgeous fabric! I've been bit by the OBW bug! Thanks everyone!!!

purple_butterfly 07-28-2011 05:26 PM

Julie - That's gorgeous! I love the corner's too, great idea to run out of triangles :lol:

Olga 08-03-2011 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my work

k3n 08-03-2011 04:10 AM

Olga that is REALLY beautiful!

#1piecemaker 08-03-2011 04:15 AM

I have some of this fabric if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

Olga 08-07-2011 12:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
finish!

bloomin'Iris 08-07-2011 12:43 AM

:thumbup: beautiful, makes me want to reach out, grab it and curl up in it nice and cozy like. Very,very nice. Love the colors

orioncarol 03-31-2012 08:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I ran across this thread tonight trying to track down the Floral Master fabric. I'd had a UFO wall hanging which I decided to turn into placemats and wanted a bit more fabric. I've looked online and at several JoAnn stores the last few days, but will see if it's still possible to special order. I have made one OBW quilt in the past, and started another using the same light green/red/black fabric that jtapp used - and wasn't happy with my layouts. After reading tonight, I may be ready to try again!
I'm attaching a few photos of the OBW quilt that I did several years ago using a blue iris fabric that I'd bought at Hancocks (when they closed there stores in the Michigan area). I used hexagon pieces, and cut down some of my extra pieces into smaller hexs and appliqued them on the borders. The backing has a large piece of the original fabric. Thanks for posting all your efforts. I enjoyed reading and remembering.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324320[/ATTACH]