Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Hexs given to me. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hexs-given-me-t63652.html)

MyrtleWilly 09-08-2010 06:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These were given to me by an elderly lady from church, as you can see they are very old and there are 80 of them. I do feel blessed. :-D The last pic is one I am working on.

80 of these gems
[ATTACH=CONFIG]113641[/ATTACH]

barbsmith 09-08-2010 06:21 AM

Beautiful!

MaryStoaks 09-08-2010 06:23 AM

WOW! That is beautiful.

MomtoBostonTerriers 09-08-2010 06:23 AM

You took the hexagons and created the quilt top in the last photo? You are a genius! The white fabric around the hexagons is exactly what the quilt needs to give the bright colors some breathing room. (I think it's called "white space" in the print industry.) Your friend at church is going to be so pleased when she sees what you did with the hexagons.

This is gives me an idea of what to do with the squares I inherited from my husband's grandmother. . .

ToucanSam 09-08-2010 06:24 AM

What a great gift!!!!! Love it!

MyrtleWilly 09-08-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers
You took the hexagons and created the quilt top in the last photo? You are a genius! The white fabric around the hexagons is exactly what the quilt needs to give the bright colors some breathing room. (I think it's called "white space" in the print industry.) Your friend at church is going to be so pleased when she sees what you did with the hexagons.

This is gives me an idea of what to do with the squares I inherited from my husband's grandmother. . .

nope ... I made all of mine. I still don't know whay to do with the ones given to me.

dlspeed1 09-08-2010 06:26 AM

Lucky You :)

raptureready 09-08-2010 06:29 AM

I think the top is beautiful and uniquely yours.

MomtoBostonTerriers 09-08-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by MyrtleWilly

Originally Posted by MomtoBostonTerriers

nope ... I made all of mine. I still don't know whay to do with the ones given to me.

Ahhhhh. Well, now you've got me on tenderhooks to see what you do with those church lady hexagons. I soooooooooo want to see what you do come up with. Those hexagons are a piece of living history (reminds me of many, many older quilts).

dkabasketlady 09-08-2010 06:56 AM

Your quilt top is BEAUTIFUL!! The blocks from your church lady are too!! Put them together just like yours with a solid color(maybe even use white like yours or a very pale pastel color). I can't wait to see what you decide!