Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Hot pads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hot-pads-t23351.html)

Bevanger 07-28-2009 04:12 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOO those are GORGEOUS :D

Iluv2quilt 07-28-2009 04:28 AM

Those are each a little masterpiece! I love the Drunkard's Path, all of them look perfectly done to me!! Great job on your points! :-) Half square triangles are a lot of fun, so many designs to work with. I'll have to check out your online store again, got a link I can use?

Feathers 07-28-2009 04:32 AM

Your hot pads are so nice...seems a shame to use them removing from the oven a berry pie dripping with syrup! :oops: Ya, I do that all the time! Lovely work. Thanks for sharing. I like all of the hotpads but I think I like the Boston Block and the HST 2 the best. Drunkard's path is pretty neat, too. I'm inspired. Guess I'll dig out your 1 1/2" ruler and get busy!

Rhonda 07-28-2009 07:12 AM

Thanks everone. This is my biggest seller at Yoder's Antigues and Gift Shop in Kalona Iowa. They go pretty quickly.
I have been making them for 11 years so I have scads of pics. I only have the last 3 years tho in my comp from when I got this (my first) computer and learned to scan. I thought I would post some every so often. I do have 35 mm camera photos of some I did before PC but I don;t know how well they will scan.

Rhonda 07-28-2009 07:15 AM

One time this missionary lady came into Yoder's and bought all the hotpads and bookmarks and took them to Japan with her for hostess gifts.

Not too long ago another lady came into the store and bought a lot of my stuff and took it home to the Netherlands for gifts for her family and friends.

so I have gone international a couple of times!

People have bought the bookmarks as teacher presents and stocking stuffers.

mytwopals 07-28-2009 07:15 AM

These are very nice, Rhonda. I like the patterns on all of them.

SharonC 07-28-2009 07:34 AM

Your hotpads are great. I love that your points are on the mark and although it was hard to decide...I kept going back to the drunkard's path--it definitely caught my eye. I haven't tried something this small, but you've inspired me (after I finish the 5 WIPs I've got going on :)).

RedGarnet222 07-28-2009 07:46 AM

These are very nice Rhonda! You sure can put out a lot of them at once.

Rhonda 07-28-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
These are very nice Rhonda! You sure can put out a lot of them at once.

These are not current. Everything I make goes to Yoder's in Kalona. I am just showing some of my favorites from my picture files.

I scan each batch of an order so I have a record of what I took and then I use those pictures to keep an inventory list to work from so I know what she has in stock. Then I fill what ever holes she has.
I do Half Squares / Bostons/ Star Points/ Drunkard's Path/ Kansas Dugouts/ Confusion(similar to crumbs)/Strip work/ Samplers/ and Combination Blocks(four patch) and sometimes just something off the cuff.
I do dresden kaleidoscopes and houses sometimes and whatever I find that looks interesting and is a new idea.

These are my sections that I try to have an assortment of each so there is variety in her stock.

Mamaskeeto 07-28-2009 08:35 AM

Great hot pads! I love all of them.