Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How much do you sell your Bow Tucks for? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-much-do-you-sell-your-bow-tucks-t138783.html)

gsbuffalo 07-20-2011 11:03 AM

I sell mine at 35 for mini and 40 for the full size. I do sell alot of them also and never had anyone squable or the price. do not sell yourself short as your time and talent are worth something.

MargeD 07-20-2011 11:12 AM

They are all beautiful bags and your prices are reasonable, especially given the amount of work you have done on them. Your friend is not very realistic about price. I'm curious, where did you get the pattern. I used to make and sell Raggedy Ann and Andy years ago - I started out being told they weren't worth more than $35/pair. Well, I experimented with my price and even went to $75/pair and they were still selling. Now I recently got $75 for one doll, then she requested a second Raggedy Ann for her second GD. She didn't bat an eye about the price and neither will other people who realize the work involved

polly13 07-20-2011 11:14 AM

The comment that "your friend must not sew or buy fabric
" is probably right and those who don't sew or buy fabric may shudder at your price when those of us who do sew understand the expense and become disheartened by the disrespect of those who walk by because of the "outlandish price". Stick to your guns, but be prepared for the unspoken backlash.

vivoaks 07-20-2011 11:18 AM

Love them! They're gorgeous!! I say "put your own price on them". If people ask why they are so expensive, point out the cost of fabrics and notions these days, not to mention your time. I also think the price depends a lot on where you are in the country. The closer to the city you are, the higher the prices. Don't ask me why, but that's the way it seems to me.

heberstitcher 07-20-2011 11:30 AM

Your prices are right on. I sell my larger Bow Tucks for $38 and have been thinking of raising the price. They are definitely time consuming to make. Your friend is way off base on her pricing ideas. :)

heberstitcher 07-20-2011 11:30 AM

Your prices are right on. I sell my larger Bow Tucks for $38 and have been thinking of raising the price. They are definitely time consuming to make. Your friend is way off base on her pricing ideas. :)

dsch 07-20-2011 12:21 PM

Our local craft store owner said to figure the cost of your materials & multiply by 3 (for your labor) to arrive at a price. Good formula, and you can always come down a little!

NHSOMND 07-20-2011 12:49 PM

Are you selling items as a vendor or are the sales from items going to your church?

My church also has a craft fair, and after quilting many of the items you listed, and not having the items sell because they thought "they are priced too high", I decided to take a different route.

Our church has a silent auction as a part of our craft fair. Instead of putting items in general sale, I've put them in the auction as handcrafted, one of a kind quilted items. I've only once had an item sell for less then listed. Most have gone for my suggested price or higher.

Debo 07-20-2011 12:52 PM

I think your prices are just right. I wouldn't sell them for less.

sisLH 07-20-2011 12:56 PM

I just bought two off the board here for $35 each.-this was for the regular size.