Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   How would you fix this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-would-you-fix-t147192.html)

kristen0112 08-22-2011 10:10 PM

How about a coconut tree and tropical flowers :-)

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine

Originally Posted by charismah
Hi AK,
Nice to see you again!

I would say applique is your most affordable and quickest option. But I would applique something like a birdhouse..with vines and flowers...with birds, bees and butterflies floating around..I would make it a really nice background for the garden scene.

Hey there!
I should have noted my new bedroom is "beachy" the walls are Seaside Pleasure blue and I hope to use the Caribbean as my palette. Charismah the idea you have would have been perfect for my former bedroom. I had sweetpea flower and morning glories and garland :thumbup: Now that I have filled you in, what are your thoughts? I also love sea thrtles and whales. LOVE whales!!! OH what to do :?

debcavan 08-22-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
I think an applique of a large sale boat would look great.

Agreed

debcavan 08-22-2011 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
I think an applique of a large sale boat would look great.

Agreed

Donna Mare 08-22-2011 10:55 PM

Applique would be beautiful in the center. Something light and airy..... like it is floating.

blanka 08-23-2011 04:45 AM

wunderful find ,how about some tropical flowers with raw edges .also i think you could place them like you need to to cover all the damage in the mittle.let me know and see the finished product.thanks for sharing

onthelake 08-23-2011 04:46 AM

It's a beautiful quilt...what a shame it was abused! Be sure to show us the finished product. I love the idea of the sail boat and if you can pull off Charisma's idea, it will be a fabulous quilt. Take your time and most of all enjoy it.

tealfalcon 08-23-2011 04:51 AM

i like charismas idea also.....so glad you saved it. it def does have a beach feel...and will be sure to help in the long cold winters up there.
to give depth you could always shadow applique the tropical leaves/flowers or do them in a dark gray or black

pollyjvan9 08-23-2011 05:13 AM

Just can't wait to see what you do with it!

alaskasunshine 08-23-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by blanka
wunderful find ,how about some tropical flowers with raw edges .also i think you could place them like you need to to cover all the damage in the mittle.let me know and see the finished product.thanks for sharing

Raw edge applique', I love that idea! So many wonderful ideas :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Please keep them coming.

alaskasunshine 08-23-2011 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
i like charismas idea also.....so glad you saved it. it def does have a beach feel...and will be sure to help in the long cold winters up there.
to give depth you could always shadow applique the tropical leaves/flowers or do them in a dark gray or black

Great idea with the dark shadowish effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brilliant! We will be heading for the Caribbean next year to celebrate our 35th anniversary! YEAH ;-)