Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finally did it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finally-did-t310701.html)

Jordan 04-24-2020 09:11 AM

Fantastic and so perfect. Congratulations on your new well done adventure. Thanks for sharing and you should be very proud of yourself for your great accomplishment

juliasb 04-24-2020 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had to take apart each of the blocks as I had one piece in each one that was going the wrong way. Now they are right and I have completed 2 more. Laying the 4 of them on the floor gives me a good idea of how this will work out.
I never thought about checking with the Library. Great Idea and as soon as the COVID crisis is over and our library re-opens I will be checking that out. I hope they have one??? In the short time I have had the Accuquilt my dies have grown in numbers quickly. Faster than I can use them actually. This has been a great investment for my quilting. I love it. Here's where I am right now with it. I figure this is one that needs to go nice and slow so I don't mess up the curves.

BonnieJP 04-24-2020 01:18 PM

Congratulations. Isn't it a great feeling to master something you've wanted to for so long?

GEMRM 04-24-2020 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8380354)
I never thought about checking with the Library. Great Idea and as soon as the COVID crisis is over and our library re-opens I will be checking that out. I hope they have one???

Our two local guilds partnered with the local library on purchase of an Accuquilt Go and several dies. Anyone can go to the main branch and use the products on a first come first served basis. This is the first time I've actually used it for something other than to demo for others how it works.

themachinelady 04-24-2020 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8380074)
I have been quilting for nearly 30 years now and until today have never been able to master the Drunkard's Path block. Well today I did it. As I finished each perfect section I was astounded since every other attempt ended with puckers or shorted ends and never square. I decided to take the plunge and I purchased the Accuquilt drunkard's path die. I went all out and got the 14" making each completed curve 7". I was finally able to do this perfectly. Now they may not look perfect in the picture but they are! I am so excited. Even with my poor vision I was able to do this. I just had to share my excitement.

Those accuquilt dies are great aren't they. I find my piecing much more accurate with them than when I cut with
a rotary cutter.

Beautiful block, I may have to give that one a try.

MicheleC 05-02-2020 09:39 AM

Congratulations! Your blocks are lovely.

sewingsuz 05-02-2020 11:25 AM

Well done and your blocks are striking!

stillvnu 05-02-2020 05:16 PM

I just want to give you a pat on the back for not giving up! You blocks look great … it doesn't matter the method it is all about the end result … your quilt will be awesome!

leaha 05-02-2020 05:43 PM

great job!

SusieQOH 05-03-2020 04:43 PM

Julia, that looks wonderful! So glad you found a way that works for you. Those dies are great, aren't they?