Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finished this - but .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-but-t37835.html)

dsj 02-25-2010 08:51 PM

What don't you like about it? I think it looks great the way it is. I understand how you feel. I will do something and it won't satisfy me but everyone else thinks it's great. It's like when you just hate the way your hair turned out and then you get a zillion compliments on it. I think we are our worst critics. It really is very nice.

Sparky 02-26-2010 08:49 AM

Look at all you have learned. This is a fantastic quilt, and to think of it as only your third, you will soon be a star. It's normal to have that " I don't like it reaction" when it is first finished. If you put it away for a week and then look at it you will probably be happier. It is good that you are looking at it with a critical eye however so that you will learn what you like and dislike. Because you asked for critical help, I would say that perhaps it looses it's cohesiveness because you have used two distinctly different techniques (applique and embroidery) and they are fighting for attention. Or you would have liked the center and sashing darker to give more contrast. I hope this helps as you continue on in your quilting career. You will probably enjoy using a design wall in the future so that you can critically evaluate your own work before you piece it together and tweak it to satisfy you!

Elisabrat 02-26-2010 08:54 AM

I have my own kitty rescue and think I could rescue you from having to enjoy this quilt too long. I have a perfect spot where all the baby kitties and I could enjoy it just fine! Its beautiful. Your looking for trouble that simpy isnt there.

jojo47 02-26-2010 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
There's something wrong with it??? Where?? :shock:

Yeah, where? You've done a beautiful job...and only your third quilt? You are talented...!

Tootsie 02-26-2010 09:27 PM

I think this is just lovely! The only thing "wrong" is that it isn't mine! :lol:

Serously, you did a great job, and the recipient should thrilled with it. Thanks for posting this, it really is a pretty quilt.

JJean 02-26-2010 10:21 PM

Gosh this is just your third quilt. I want to see what you do next. It's a great quilt! :thumbup:

deedum 02-27-2010 05:11 AM

It is wonderful!Don't beat yourself up, enjoy the process and the end results! This is coming from someone who done it!

deedum 02-27-2010 05:11 AM

It is wonderful!Don't beat yourself up, enjoy the process and the end results! This is coming from someone who done it!

deedum 02-27-2010 05:17 AM

stitchinwitch 02-27-2010 07:23 AM

ah - looks like you are a member of the cat block exchange group! I love your quilt - what is wrong with it?? NOTHING! Congrats!