Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   i hate this quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hate-quilt-t19534.html)

butterflywing 04-28-2009 02:03 PM

believe me, this is the most photogenic quilt i ever saw. the center pink is really so dusty as soon as you see it you want to scrub it. the wine color is really maroony/brown. the dark green is pine-tar green and the light green is dirty olive. the outside green is moldy sage. and last but definitely not least - - - the gold is not gold. it's really baby-sh*t mustard. like in a diaper. altogether muddy. she'll be so happy.

BlueChicken 04-28-2009 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
believe me, this is the most photogenic quilt i ever saw. the center pink is really so dusty as soon as you see it you want to scrub it. the wine color is really maroony/brown. the dark green is pine-tar green and the light green is dirty olive. the outside green is moldy sage. and last but definitely not least - - - the gold is not gold. it's really baby-sh*t mustard. like in a diaper. altogether muddy. she'll be so happy.

ROTFLOL

Love the description more than the quilt! ;-)

leona07 04-28-2009 02:07 PM

Hmmmm...babysh*t mustard, is that next to the bloody nose Ketchup at the grocery store??

Jim's Gem 04-28-2009 02:11 PM

LOL, love your description of the colors!! I think the quilt looks fine!! If those are the colors she likes than she'll love it.

butterflywing 04-28-2009 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by leona07
Hmmmm...babysh*t mustard, is that next to the bloody nose Ketchup at the grocery store??

two shelves below. :lol: :lol:

leona07 04-28-2009 02:15 PM

:lol:

butterflywing 04-28-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
LOL, love your description of the colors!! I think the quilt looks fine!! If those are the colors she likes than she'll love it.

she likes antique-y looking quilts, which is why i washed it. as for the colors, she will love them. i think she's manic depressive and should be on tranqs.

:roll: :roll:

Debbie1 04-28-2009 02:23 PM

I haven't seen anything wrong with this quilt. I'll send my address so you can get rid of it! But I love your description of it! I think your quilting was good!

Chele 04-28-2009 02:30 PM

LOL! Wish I had a sister to "talk about!" I can tell you guys are close. Lucky!

As for this quilt, just LOOK at your quilting! How do you do that? First time, my foot! You must have the quilting gene big time. Send me some of that talent.

I think the colors are lovely, but I probably need medication too! You should probably consider naming paint colors as your interpretations had me spitting my drink!

Congrats on finishing a lovely quilt for your sister. She's going to flip!

mpspeedy 04-28-2009 02:33 PM

Hey, I don't see any problem with your quilt. The most important thing is that it is done. If everything had to be absolutely perfect none of us would finish anything. Don't be so hard on yourself. There are lots of us out there that would love to have it in our home.