Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   i hate this quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hate-quilt-t19534.html)

bearpaw 04-28-2009 02:45 PM

I really like it! Great feathers for a first attempt! I don't think the colors are bad at all.

kluedesigns 04-28-2009 02:45 PM

i think its great.

i love color - i had to buy black and white fabric for the swap because everything i own is color.

i love the pink and the gold together it looks great.

you're being far to hard on yourself on this quilt - i'm sure its because its for your sister and you want it to be perfect.

the quilting is excellent - i can't do a feather to save my life.

Knot Sew 04-28-2009 03:13 PM

I like it to...I call those rich full colors lol

krabadan 04-28-2009 03:43 PM

I like it too!

Overlander 04-28-2009 03:48 PM

Wow! There is nothing wrong with this quilt - especially for so many "firsts" as you say. I love the bold colors and your quilting is great. If your sister doesn't want it I have a bed just aching for a pretty quilt like this. :)

Ninnie 04-28-2009 03:48 PM

You are being too critical. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that quilt, I like it. Put it away for a few days and then get it back out and you will see it differently!

Ninnie

sandpat 04-28-2009 03:51 PM

Well, I'm pretty impressed with your first time feather circles! I could even recognize that they were feathers and that there was a circle of them! (You sure couldn't on my first times)...and I agree...you need to be somewhere where you can name colors for paint..wallpaper...fabrics...something! You know everyone would dash out to buy stuff with names like you give them!!! I like your quilt! And you know your sister will like it and would if it were made of real mud!

Ducky 04-28-2009 03:57 PM

Oh, Butterfly, your postings have had me in stitches. I have laughed out loud. I absolutely love your sense of humor -- you never fail to make me laugh.

Now on to that muddy "thing" you made. I guess there has got to be a new definition of muddy nowadays, huh? I may be manic depressive because I liked the thought of the quilt having more muted colors than in the pictures. And your stippling was gorgeous!!!! I'm jealous, as I'm too terrified to try stippling. Oh, you funny lady, in other words, I truly liked your quilt. In fact, I am officially shoving Patrice out of the way. I would like to be your new sister, okay? (oooh, ooooh, pick me, pick me!!!!). LOL, and you sister WILL love it.

sewjoyce 04-28-2009 03:57 PM

Well, I like it!! (Wanna be my sis???)

pal 04-28-2009 04:39 PM

I think you did a wonderful job on the feathering and stippling - the
back looks great!!!

It's really hard to like a quilt if you don't like the colors.

I tried to live with a triple Irish Chain bedspread that I did in pink and green, . I finally had to put it in the closet and will use it as a blanket because the color combination is so distasteful to me.

Your sister will probably love it - because she chose the colors!